We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather conditions in June & public bathrooms

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Weather conditions in June & public bathrooms

Our family of 4 will be visiting China for the first time this mid-June. Since much of the sites in Hangzhou are not in developed areas, I was wondering what I can expect for the public ladies' rooms there? Any suggestions on where the best places to go are?

Also, where are the best places to go to survive the heat in June? Where should I avoid for bugs?

Thanks in advance for your inputs!

Mentioned in this post
Hangzhou
Hangzhou
Zhejiang, China
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
44,235 posts
824 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather conditions in June & public bathrooms

Not sure where you are going in Hangzhou that is not developed. The city has a population of 9 million. That's about the same as NYC.

Mentioned in this post
Hangzhou
Hangzhou
Zhejiang, China
San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
9 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather conditions in June & public bathrooms

Places like: Leifeng Pagoda, West Lake, Lingyin Temple and Fei Lai Feng. Not places I would think have modern & clean toilets. Though I've never been there, hence why I'm asking. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Lingyin Temple
Lingyin Temple
1,276 Reviews
Hangzhou, China
Fei Lai Feng
Fei Lai Feng
420 Reviews
Hangzhou, China
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
44,235 posts
824 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather conditions in June & public bathrooms

Most of these places do not have toilets. You should go into a KFC or McDonalds or in the lobby of any nice looking hotel.

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
114 posts
401 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather conditions in June & public bathrooms

From my experience in China you may find the toilet facilities very varied. I have found some to be excellent and others terrible. Some words of advice though, carry some hand sanitizer as many places you cant wash hands. Also some toilet paper in your bag can also be a good idea. I cant advise abut how to escape the heat in Hangzhou as i have not been there. Suggest you look for nice parks with trees,most cities have nice parks.

Mentioned in this post
Hangzhou
Hangzhou
Zhejiang, China
Hangzhou, China
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather conditions in June & public bathrooms

Hi Less4More,

I have been living in HZ since very young so here are my advices:

Leifeng Pagoda is one of the most popular site near west lake and you will see massive tourists there. There must be rest rooms but tissues are suggested to be prepared since they might be ran out because of tons of users. Typically rest rooms in popular places are not that hygenic, hard but have to admit.

West Lake is a big place embraced by a big part of the city. You will easily find Starbucks, KFC, McD, malls and public toilets.

Fei Lai Feng is a little hill peak in Lingyin Temple, so let's just talk about the facilities in the temple. Well, please check the Leifeng Pagoda part for reference.

When it comes to the heat in June, You can take a bus since there will be air conditioner working in June. Bus Line 7 will be a good way to show you a view from Lingyin Temple (one of the terminal stops) to north part of West Lake, and Line 194 is high recommended too which will go across Yanggong Di as well as 6 bridges of Yanggong Di.

Or enjoy your night trip on the bridges of West Lake since it will be cooler when it's late. Lake breeze is gift in summer night, but, uh, sometimes there is no breeze, uncommonly but possibly. Please don't worry about any security problem since there will be lots of people walking around and lamps everywhere.

HZ is a city with history of more than 2 millennium and currently the capital city of one of the most richest provinces in China. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Feel free to ask any question.

Mentioned in this post
Fei Lai Feng
Fei Lai Feng
420 Reviews
Hangzhou, China
Lingyin Temple
Lingyin Temple
1,276 Reviews
Hangzhou, China
6. Re: Weather conditions in June & public bathrooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2018, 12:17