We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip Shanghai to Hangzhou?

Reston, Virginia
Level Contributor
359 posts
91 reviews
Day trip Shanghai to Hangzhou?

First time visitors to China have a question. Have 3 1/2 days end of October in Shanghai (coming from Beijing) before we head to Chengdu. Is it feasible to do a day trip to Hangzhou or is it better to stay overnight??

Also, we decided to go to Suzhou (to sample one river city) on a day trip as well. Is this advisable with the time we have in Shanghai? Thank you so much for any input you can provide us.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
4,757 posts
68 reviews
1. Re: Day trip Shanghai to Hangzhou?

I myself will stay at least a night or 2 in hangzhou and you can fly to chengdu from hangzhou instead of backtracking

If you are coming down from beijing then you should fly to suzhou instead of shanghai or my favorite is to get the evening sleeper train.

Reston, Virginia
Level Contributor
359 posts
91 reviews
2. Re: Day trip Shanghai to Hangzhou?

GREAT ideas. Thank you.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
46,041 posts
830 reviews
3. Re: Day trip Shanghai to Hangzhou?

It is pretty close to Shanghai so it is an easy day trip. While flying from Hangzhou may avoid backtracking to Shanghai, you may find that there are many more flights out of Shanghai and they are possibly cheaper too.

Reston, Virginia
Level Contributor
359 posts
91 reviews
4. Re: Day trip Shanghai to Hangzhou?

Good advice, also.

5. Re: Day trip Shanghai to Hangzhou?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2018, 12:16