We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Labor Thanksgiving Day

Anywhere
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Labor Thanksgiving Day

Hello!

Does anyone know whether Nishiki Market, Nishijin Textile Center, Kyoto Museum of Traditional Arts and Kyoto Handicraft Center are open on Labor Thanksgiving Day (Wednesday, Nov 23rd)?

If they're closed, what would you suggest me do on that day? I heard temples on a holiday are very crowded.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,039 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Labor Thanksgiving Day

As a general rule, the places oriented towards tourism do not close on public holidays for the most obvious reason (National Museums tend to close on the next day, but the ones you cite are small-scale private or local government sponsored ones).

Nishiki Market (as usual, most shops there are open), Nishijin Textile Center (open), Kyoto Museum of Traditional Crafts (open) and Kyoto Handicraft Center (open)

Kyoto's most popular sites like Kiyomizudera, Kinkakuji, and Fushimi Inari are rather busy on any day.

Edited: 16 November 2016, 20:10
Anywhere
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Labor Thanksgiving Day

Thanks @yobeekool!

One more question, I read somewhere that some shops in Kyoto close on Wednesday. Is it correct?

3. Re: Labor Thanksgiving Day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2017, 14:16