We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Kansai airport to Kyoto and from Kyoto to Osaka

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel from Kansai airport to Kyoto and from Kyoto to Osaka

I will be arriving at Kansai Airport and going to Hotel Keihan in Kyoto Station for 2 nights, how do I get there from Kansai and do I have to change trains?

After that I will go from Hotel Keihan in Kyoto Station to Monterey Grasmere Osaka Hotel in Namba Osaka for 3 nights, what train can I take and do I have to change train line?

Thank You

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
47,636 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Kansai airport to Kyoto and from Kyoto to Osaka

Hotel Keihan is near Kyoto Station. From KIX to Kyoto Station - westjr.co.jp/global/…

Access to Monterey Grasmere - https:/…directions.html

http://www.hyperdia.com/ for train routing options and fares throughout Japan.

Edited: 30 September 2013, 07:41
Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
24,001 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Kansai airport to Kyoto and from Kyoto to Osaka

KIX to the Hotel Keihan: Buy the ICOCA/Haruka package and take the Haruka Express. The hotel is diagonally across from Hachijo Exit of Kyoto Station.

Hotel Keihan to Monterey Grasmere: Take the JR Special Rapid to Osaka Station and take the Midosuji subway at Umeda (this station is connected to Osaka Station) to Namba.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
52,773 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Kansai airport to Kyoto and from Kyoto to Osaka

Going to Monterey Grasmere, you could also consider just sticking to JR trains to get to JR Namba station. It does require an extra transfer (2 total vs 1 for changing to Midosuji subway line) and takes about 15 minutes more on paper. However, since both transfers will be on JR, they will be easier to make as you won't have to exit turnstiles. Monterey Grasmere is actually located right across from JR-Namba which will save you the 10-minute walk from Namba subway station using the Midosuji line. At the end, JR only with the extra transfer might not be any slower than JR + Midosuji subway line.

The JR-only route would be:

Kyoto - Osaka - Shinimamiya - JR Namba

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Kansai airport to Kyoto and from Kyoto to Osaka

Thanks Dave

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Kansai airport to Kyoto and from Kyoto to Osaka

Thanks Shibuyakko

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Kansai airport to Kyoto and from Kyoto to Osaka

Dear Sammyfloyd , thanks but seem quite confusing to be changing trains . would it be better to take a direct train fr kyoto and to which part Osaka to stay and any recommendation of hotels ? intend to go kobe when in Osaka . is it easier to go to nara fr kyoto or Osaka ? thanks

7. Re: Travel from Kansai airport to Kyoto and from Kyoto to Osaka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 12:18