We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Friendly Roof Top Bars / restaurants

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
417 posts
30 reviews
77 helpful votes
Family Friendly Roof Top Bars / restaurants

Can anyone recommended any roof top bars (for early drinks) or restaurants where under 21’s are permitted. We’re travelling with a 15 and 18 year old. Thanks in advance.

3 replies to this topic
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
82 reviews
103 helpful votes
1. Re: Family Friendly Roof Top Bars / restaurants

In theory, bars have the right to restrict any patron under the age of 21. (Some like Heli Lounge Bar are "18 and above".)

While this may apply to "bar bars", it is rarely enforced at rooftop bars which are also restaurants, if adults accompany minors. In fact, if parents are clearly present, I have seen some establishments waive the age limits even in bar zones, if it's made clear the minors won't be consuming alcohol. This would apply to places like Marini's on 57 in KLCC, which is essentially a large restaurant with a bar area.

Essentially their concern is being hauled up for selling alcohol to minors - if they are sufficiently assured that there's close supervision, they often won't mind kids sitting with parents in the bar zones.

Horizon Grill at Banyan Tree also has really good views, and your teens will be allowed in for sure. Ditto , EQ hotel's Sabayon restaurant.

If you want a choice of different cuisines in one place: Troika Sky Dining, not far from KLCC (I think Fuego is the best outlet there, but it needs advance booking.)

Edited: 16 June 2024, 15:02
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
417 posts
30 reviews
77 helpful votes
2. Re: Family Friendly Roof Top Bars / restaurants

Thanks for your help again Juniper64! That’s interesting!

The Banyan Tree and Sabayon are over our budget unfortunately, we were thinking of something maybe a little more casual. Fuego looks just what we’re after but they’re in the middle of renovations right now, but Strato also at Troika Sky dining looks like a good option so we might book that one evening.

Do you have any experience of Rooftop 25 at the Hilton?

I’ve also learnt that Skybar at Traders allow under 21’s until 8.30pm, is this somewhere you would recommend or not?

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
82 reviews
103 helpful votes
3. Re: Family Friendly Roof Top Bars / restaurants

Skybar at Traders is nice but is very popular.

I would say if you go on a weekday, you should be fine. Try to reserve and ask for a Twin Towers view.

Fuego's inside bar area is being revonated, but the restaurant area and terrace are completely unaffected and you can dine as usual - I was there maybe 2 weeks ago. There is, however, some construction noise coming from a building site next door - by nightfall this shouldn't be too bad.

Rooftop 25 can be a bit hit & miss on food quality.

A reasonably-priced option is Envi Skydining.

Reply to: Family Friendly Roof Top Bars / restaurants
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.