We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to take LRT to Kidzania from Bukit Bintang

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
231 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
How to take LRT to Kidzania from Bukit Bintang

Hi,

I read that the fastest way to reach Kidzania is by taking LRT from Bukit Bintang LRT to KElana Jaya LRT and then take Ikano shuttle bus.

Do you know roughly how long is the journey from taking LRT to taking the shuttle bus?

Do I need to change LRT or is a direct LRT?

Thanks

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to take LRT to Kidzania from Bukit Bintang

The fastest way is to take a taxi.

If you still want to attempt public transportation:

Bukit Bintang has no LRT station. It only has a monorail station.

You could take the monorail from Bukit Bintang monorail station to Bukit Nanas monorail station. Then walk 5 minutes to the Dang Wangi LRT station. Take the LRT from Dang Wangi to Kelana Jaya LRT station.

Kelana Jaya LRT station is 7km away from Kidzania. Take the IPC free shuttle bus to Ikano Power Centre, which is next to Kidzania.

Allow 1 1/2 hours including waiting time.

Singapore
Level Contributor
231 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to take LRT to Kidzania from Bukit Bintang

So it is not advisable to take LRT. Now I get the whole picture. Very inconvenient to walk.

So is it better to drive? If I leave the hotel at 9.00am, will there be traffic jam and what time will i reach Kidzana? Do i need to pay any toll?

Many thanks.

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to take LRT to Kidzania from Bukit Bintang

Leave around 9:15/9:30am, the worse of rush hour traffic should be over. If there is no jam, you could reach there in 30 minutes.

Whether there is a toll or not depends on which road you take.

Singapore
Level Contributor
231 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to take LRT to Kidzania from Bukit Bintang

OIC.

I went to google map and search for directions, it stated that i should go:

From Furama Hotel bukit bintang - jalan imbi - jalan hang tuah - jalan istana -jalan damansara - jalan Duta highway - sprint highway then exit to jalan PJU 7/9

Is the above the correct way or there's another easy route for first timer?

Many thanks.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to take LRT to Kidzania from Bukit Bintang

Hi S

If I was you I would follow Jadamros's advice and catch a taxi, they know the best way to get there and for first timer a slow taxi drive will still be faster than a fast train ride. Enjoy Kidzania and KL.

Sean

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
25 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to take LRT to Kidzania from Bukit Bintang

Are you heading there on a weekday/weekend? On weekends, there is no heavy traffic at that time of the day, unless something is on. What time do you need to be there?

Whereabouts are you staying at Bukit Bintang?

As mentioned, you can hop onto the monorail and stop at Bukit Nanas. Then walk to Dang Wangi LRT station and take the LRT to Kelana Jaya station.

First shuttle bus pick-up from OPPOSITE Kelana Jaya station is at 9am. Next one is at 10am.

Check the schedule here - www.ipc.com.my/gettinghere/freeshuttle.php

If you are staying some where close to Pavilion, you can utilize the newly constructed pedestrian bridge and walk to KLCC where you can just hop onto the LRT straight to Kelana Jaya.

Please allocate at least 20 minutes of travel time from Dang Wangi LRT station to Kelana Jaya station (slightly longer if from KLCC).

Cab costs at least MYR20 by meter (good traffic condition), obviously the easiest way

Singapore
Level Contributor
231 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to take LRT to Kidzania from Bukit Bintang

Oh, the direct LRT to Kelana jaya is near KLCC? Which hotel is near Dang Wangi LRT?

I intend to go on Monday and reach there before 10am as I am going to Kidzania.

I have not decided which hotel to stay yet, currently shortlisted Furama.

I may take cab if really no choice.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
25 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to take LRT to Kidzania from Bukit Bintang

There's an LRT station in/under the Twin Towers (LRT KLCC) linked on the Kelana Jaya Line.

Furama Hotel is not exactly in Bukit Bintang. Your nearest monorail stations are Hang Tuah (on the left) or Imbi (on the right, in front of that tall shopping mall, Berjaya Times Square). You will then need to switch to LRT, as mentioned. Or you can get the cab from Furama to KL Sentral, and board the LRT.

There are quite a number of hotels near Dang Wangi LRT, mainly 3-stars and above (eg. Renaissance, Concorde, Shangri La, etc)

If it is too much navigating around for you, then cab will be your best option.

Just be sure to leave before 9am, to be on the safe side.

Singapore
Level Contributor
231 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to take LRT to Kidzania from Bukit Bintang

Thanks alot. I'll take the cab then.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to take LRT to Kidzania from Bukit Bintang

Last time we went to Kelena Jaya station, intending to take a taxi to the curve shopping centre. The lazy drivers were asking a fortune to go to the curve. Seems its more fun to play the board games then to earn honest money.

We crossed the road and caught a bus for rm1 maybe 2 to get to the shopping centre.

On the way back we caught a metered taxi to BB.