We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive from Singapore to KLCC

singapore
2 posts
Save Topic
Drive from Singapore to KLCC

Anybody can tell me how to go to KLCC by car from singapore. Eg. like from johor which highway should i follow and where to exit; toll amount? Thanks.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
12,586 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drive from Singapore to KLCC

Its very simple. The easist to follow would be to go by Tuas checkpoint.

Clear the checkpoint, both sides, just follow the highway. It will go all the way to KL and end at the Sungei Besi Toll. Can't miss it, its the end of the highway.

After exit Sungei Besi Toll, go straight, you will pass signboards that say Desa Petaling, Petaling Jaya, Cheras..etc. You will pass Sungei Besi Airport to your left. Along the way, you should pass 2 underpasses, one very short one under a bridge, and one long and modern one.

After the second underpass, about 1-2km away, look out for the Singapore High commission on the left, a white building. There should also be signboards directing you to turn left to get to KLCC. After Singapore High Comm, turn left, continue straight pass a traffic light to enter KLCC Car park.

In summary, there is only one turn, the left turn to KLCC after Singapore High Comm. The trick is finding the turn.

Distance toll to toll is about 330km and will take you 3 hours if you stick to the speed limit. Hari Raya period is high accident rate and police is on the look out, so drive within speed limit.

singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Drive from Singapore to KLCC

Thanks maic, I am impressed. One more thing....if i want to go to prince hotel in particular...it means i have to follow route to petaling jaya after sungei besi...right?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Drive from Singapore to KLCC

Hi, for the toll rates, trawl this website of PLUS-the concession company for the North South Expressway:-

http://www.plus.com.my/toll_calculator.asp

As advised, after passing the Sungai Besi airfield, keep to your extreme right lane, where you will see road signs on a gantry, and there is even a road sign showing KLCC.

Following this leads you to Jalan Tun Razak, after coming down from a elavated bridge, you will have RHB Bank on your right, and thereforth there are signs showing KLCC.

It is pretty straightforward.

In respect of Prince Hotel, why Petaling Jaya? this hotel is in Jalan Conlay,a round the vicinity of KLCC.

singapore
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Drive from Singapore to KLCC

Thanks to both of you. Its very useful. Why petaling jaya....welll it just show you how blur i am in this matter. Anyway, been very useful. Hope will reach there safe and sound. By the way, is there a good rest point along the way from Johore to KL. I mean, i know there is alot of rest point. But are there any particular points which is worth a stop? Thanks.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Drive from Singapore to KLCC

Hi, when I do the drive from Singapore back to KL(or vice versa), and if mother nature does not calls for it, I usually stop at Ayer Keroh R&R, or sometimes at the Ayer Keroh Overhead restaurant for a longer break

On occassions, when mother nature wins, there are some laybys, but it is just a washroom, and sometimes a little lorry there selling some fruits,snacks, drinks.

Sometimes these laybys, if one is not hungry, are better than those R&R, which can get rather crowded.

If you wish to print out the exact locations of these R&R and laybys, the PLUS website provides these locations for your convenience.

there is one vista point, which I have stopped once, at Pedas Linggi, which provides a good view of the surrounding and the stretch of the expressway; only drawback is the climbing of the long flight of stairs.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
12,586 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drive from Singapore to KLCC

Hi, can you spare about S$1,000? If you can, buy a GPS. Not any brand, either a PDA with one, or a specialized one from Garmin. You can get them at sincere watch at ground floor at Sim Lim Square.

There are good free maps for Malaysia from a group of free lancers at www.malsingmaps.com

The maps even cover singapore too

Then you won't get lost in KL and can get to all the famous destinations.

7. Re: Drive from Singapore to KLCC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 23:18