We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meeru Honeymoon Feb 09

Dumfries
Level Contributor
108 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Meeru Honeymoon Feb 09

Hi folks - after much deliberation on our Honeymoon we've booked to go to Meeru on 07/02/09 for 2 weeks in a JWV.

I just wondered which JWV's were in the nicer area - the 300's or the 600's? (think I've got the numbers right!)

The only other thing I'm a wee bit concerned about is the overbooking - is is commonplace for guests to be asked to vacate the island for 3 days on a cruise for 'free'? We've only found out about this since booking holiday are both concerned that we'll be asked to downgrade or go on a cruise (neither of can stand boats any longer than a few hours).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated folks..

manchester
Level Contributor
263 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meeru Honeymoon Feb 09

Hi

We went to Meeru Feb 2004 we stayed in the basic rooms which were very nice. The JWV looked very nice and I believe they have new ones now so will be much better take a look on the Meeru web site. We had a excellent time and couldn't fault it in any way - the next year we went to Meeupharu and were disappointed not as good. You've got plenty of time to sour the web site's and forums before you go.

I wouldn't worry about over booking, you are only asked if you want to take up the boat trip or down grade etc what I would do I prior to leaving would request the room numbers you think are your favourite and e mail Meeru and put in your request I would also ask your travel agent to do the same. When you arrive and you like your room make it clear you want to stay there and don't want any offers. Possession is 9/10's of the law they cannot throw you out.

We changed rooms 3 times no problems.

Hope this helps

Dumfries
Level Contributor
108 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meeru Honeymoon Feb 09

Thanks soobs.

Stresa, Italy
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Meeru Honeymoon Feb 09

Last time I stayed there I was in a Jacuzzi Land Villa in the high 600's. I would ask for the higher end 600's as the lower 600's are nearer to the bar (attached to the swimming pool) where they have loud music a few times during the week. Also high end 600's are closer to Maalan restaurant.

They often leave 'cruise' details in your room but it is up to you whether you go or not. We had two free cruise offers left in our room but never took them up. Everyone gets the same offer.

County Durham
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Meeru Honeymoon Feb 09

Hi, can i ask who you have booked with? Me and my fiancee are getting married in February 2009 and looking at going to the Maldives. The only travel compaines i have seen who have got prices for Feb 2009 are Thomsons, Thomas Cook and First Choice.

Thanks.

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,877 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meeru Honeymoon Feb 09

Hi

Are we definitely talking 2009 not 2008. I doubt anyone has 2009 prices

Regards

Doug

County Durham
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Meeru Honeymoon Feb 09

Yes we are definatley talking about 2009. I have got a couple of quotes from First Choice today for February 2009.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
307 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Meeru Honeymoon Feb 09

Hi

just back from meeru on Tuesday, there are offers at the reception desk if you want to go on a cruise or stay in another island for a few days but these are purely on a request basis only. The other island offer might be attractive to some not on all inclusive as they upgrade you from full board to AI for your time on the other island. whilst we were there the island was Kuredu for 3 days, might have been tempted but it was towards the end of our holiday.

There were a lot of issues with overbooking when we were there with people not getting the rooms they booked for the 1st few nights of their holidays, we emailed the resort before hand and didn't have any problem with room types.

I would have preferred a JLV in the 600's although these were all booked up when we booked our trip, saying that the land villa was great.

Windsor and...
Level Contributor
365 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Meeru Honeymoon Feb 09

Hi, we just got back from Meeru and stayed at JWV 311. It was GREAT. They seem bigger than the 700s. They have open balcony overlooking the lagoon with steps down to the sea! The only difference is in the restaurant you are allocated to. The 300 are in the south of the island, 700 are north. The restaurant might look nicer (well, they have nicer loo's in the restaurant :) ) in the north, but the food is the same. If I was going again I would definitely want to stay in villa 301 to 320 (villas with higher number are very far from the beach).

Dumfries
Level Contributor
108 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Meeru Honeymoon Feb 09

okay thanks!

10. Re: Meeru Honeymoon Feb 09

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 16:23