We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving Respirators

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Diving Respirators

My partner is a keen diver and he wants to know if he can take his own respirator to the Maldives.

Does anyone know whether he can carry it in his hand luggage?

He obviously doesnt want to put it in his main luggage in case it gets damaged.

Would appreciate anybody's help on this one.

Cheers

Chris and Steve

Colchester
Level Contributor
507 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving Respirators

We travel at least a couple of times a year and our regulators always go in the hold baggage, as long as they are packed well protected they are fine. Not really something you want ot carry in your hand luggae, unless there is nothing else you want to take as they will take up most of your entitlement. We take all our own kit with us to the Maldives.

sg2
Brighton, United...
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam
Level Contributor
4,147 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving Respirators

I would agree with Titantigger - I always take my regs in the hold luggage otherwise I wouldn't have room for my computor and camera and the weight would limit you to little else in your hand luggage. As long as he pads them well or you can get a padded soft case which you can pack them in your suitcase, they will be fine. I have done this all over the world for the last 3 years and so far no problems.

Sg

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving Respirators

Thank you for your info. We are due to go on 18 December until 2 January.

I am not a diver but my partner cant wait.

Regards

Chris

Colchester
Level Contributor
507 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Diving Respirators

Even if you don't dive you really must try the snorkellng, it is fantastic.

5. Re: Diving Respirators

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 14:16