We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there enough to do Rogue River Valley - July 4?

Washington DC...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is there enough to do Rogue River Valley - July 4?

I used to live in Bend, OR - now live in Washington, D.C. My wife and I were considering a trip to Southern OR for July 4th week. I have never been down there. My wife is not huge outdoors person - she does a little but more into wine, foodie type restaurants, etc. She has kind of fancy tastes! We care considering flying into Bend, spending 2 nights, drive down spend a night in Crater Lake, and then5 days or so in Rogue River area - wineries, hiking, river rafting. Since, I haven't been to Ashland or Rogue River area - not sure the wife will find more foodie, sophisticated things she likes? I know we will find a lot of wineries there. Is there a restaurant scene at all? Farmers markets to buy local foods to cook at home? What is best area for that - Ashland? What would July 4th week look like? Thanks

Edited: 07 June 2018, 23:05
Mentioned in this post
Bend
Bend
Central Oregon, OR
Washington DC
Washington DC
District of Columbia
Rogue River
Rogue River
195 Reviews
Medford, OR
Ashland
Ashland
Oregon
3 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
38,034 posts
1,001 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there enough to do Rogue River Valley - July 4?

Ashland has alot of very good restaurants! Try to get into New Sammy's Cowboy Bistro in nearby Talent. Peerless, Larks, Smithfield's and Beasey's On The Creek all have very good food there. Amuse is another one to check out in Ashland. ;)

Mentioned in this post
Ashland
Ashland
Oregon
Beaverton, OR
Level Contributor
412 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there enough to do Rogue River Valley - July 4?

You won't be able to spend a night in Crater Lake at this late date.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
9,433 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there enough to do Rogue River Valley - July 4?

I'm sure you must know about the Oregon Shakespeare Festival in Ashland. If the upscale theater scene and elite eateries don't light your fire, I'm not sure anything else in Oregon will. But getting tickets will be a challenge, Go online as soon as you determine your dates and see what's available. Otherwise, you'll have to hang around the box office to see if any tickets have been returned or if people showing up have extra tickets to sell or give away. You can also go the B&B route. Many buy up blocks of tickets for their guests.

Also, check out the Britt Festival in nearby Jacksonville.

Not all plays are Shakespearean, but seeing a play in the outdoor Elizabethan theater is a memorable experience. Note that the theaters are dark on Mondays.

Mentioned in this post
Oregon Shakespeare Festival
Oregon Shakespeare...
1,418 Reviews
Ashland, OR
Ashland
Ashland
Oregon
Oregon
Oregon
United States
Reply to: Is there enough to do Rogue River Valley - July 4?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ashland