We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

COTA shuttle buses

Bexhill-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
COTA shuttle buses

Hi all. After some advice. I purchased my 3 day shuttle ticket to the track for the f1. However on the ticket it says my bus is at 7am with a seat allocation. Does this mean if i miss this bus I can't get another one? Is there anyway of changing this time?

Ideally I'd want a slightly later time as I'm staying in the arboretum area.

I just thought that once u purchase ur ticket it's a first come first serve! Maybe that's what it used to be like and they've learnt this doesn't work.

Soòoo looking forward to my trip and the amazing city u have!

13 replies to this topic
Austin, Texas
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
1,855 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: COTA shuttle buses

I think your best answer will be from the COTA people themselves where you bought the shuttle ticket.

Send your question to info@circuitoftheamericas.com

They've gotten better each year with their logistics so they should answer you quickly!

Good luck!

Welcome to Austin!

Bexhill-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: COTA shuttle buses

Thank u. Yes I had emailed them but guessing they had gone home for the weekend! I'll try again on Monday.

If i can't change it how long will it take to get to downtown in a uber or something from stonelake boulevard?

austin,tx
Level Contributor
631 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: COTA shuttle buses

On a Friday morning you need to leave no later than 6:00 AM.

Sat and Sunday it will take about 20 minutes

Bexhill-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: COTA shuttle buses

Thank u.

I have heard from cota and they said I can get any bus as they are on a loop so that's a relief!

Austin, Texas
Destination Expert
for Austin
Level Contributor
1,855 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: COTA shuttle buses

Makes sense. Glad you got your info. Stonelake blvd. (Arboretum area) Is quite a way from downtown.

Again, welcome to Austin!

Mentioned in this post
The Arboretum
The Arboretum
37 Reviews
Austin, TX
London, England...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: COTA shuttle buses

Quick question as i was about to email COTA - did they say how frequently the shuttle buses should run?

Bexhill-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: COTA shuttle buses

No sorry they didnt. Didn't even think to ask but would be good to know! If u do email them and get an answer can u keep me informed? Xx

Bexhill-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: COTA shuttle buses

No sorry they didnt. Didn't even think to ask but would be good to know! If u do email them and get an answer can u keep me informed? Xx

Bexhill-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: COTA shuttle buses

I had an amazing time in Austin. What a great city and the US grand prix was an amazing experience.

I just want to share my experiences with the cota shuttle bus as this was one of the things I worried about most.

So on Friday I arrived at the convention centre at 8.30am to be met with no queue and straight on the bus for the arrival at the circuit at 9.15. On leaving the circuit aeyes free practice 2 there were plenty of shuttles ready for us and again straight on the bus.

Saturday I missed free practice and arrived at convention centre at 1.3ppm again no queue and straight on a waiting bus. In the evening I went to the concert and left early at 9.20pm and again no queue for the waiting buses.

Sunday am I did not get the bus as got a lift to the circuit. After the race I did the track invasion but didn't go to the concert so got to the buses about 5-5.30 with no queue again and headed for 6th street after I got to downtown.

For me the buses were well organised and priced reaonably. No queues and always buses waiting for the crowds to take them away. I may have been lucky as I did hear someone say they waited for 2hrs but this could have been at peak time. I avoided these where possible.

Only gripe is the walk from the bus stop to the circuit but u can get the bike taxis. I chose not to.

I hope this review helps people who have questions regarding the shuttle buses.

I will most certainly be returning to austin to experience the F1 race again, but next time I will try to get a hotel closer to the downtown!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,811 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: COTA shuttle buses

Thanks for the update.

How did you get from your hotel in way North Austin (Stonelake Blvd.) to downtown and back every day? Did you use Capital Metro? If yes, was it fine?

Thanks. Glad you had good time.

Reply to: COTA shuttle buses
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Austin