We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Austin Texas in November

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
Austin Texas in November

My boyfriend and I are going to Austin from November 14 to November 18. We are staying in downtown Austin. Does anybody have any recommendations of things we should do and/or good places to eat?? Etc. We need some guidance. Also do we need to rent a car while we are visiting?? Please help us with some answers. Thanks soo much!!

Austin Guided Tour
141 Reviews
from US$37.90*
Austin in a Nutshell Bike Tour
24 Reviews
from US$49.00*
Austin and Texas Hill Country...
126 Reviews
from US$25.00*
Austin Live Music Crawl
26 Reviews
from US$54.13*
4 replies to this topic
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Austin Texas in November

November is a great time to come to Austin. The weather is usually very nice. Were are you staying? I think that you can avoid renting a car. Parking can be a pain and you can get to most Austin attractions by walking, ride sharing (Uber and Lyft are back, yes!), or it is always fun taking a pedicab (there are some very interesting characters peddling them).

My restaurant recommendations for downtown include:

Upscale: Eddie V's, Sullivans (near warehouse district), Perlas (S. Congress, SOCO)

Others: Turf N Surf Po’ Boy (near warehouse district on Lavaca), Texas Chili Parlor ( Austin institution, but getting closer to UT campus), Moonshine ( for brunch),

Food Trucks (which can be very, very tasty): Boteco, Halal Bros, Miss P's Electric Chicken (on Rainy Street)

BBQ: Blacks (on Barton Springs), LA BBQ

I recommend getting to Rainy Street, S. Congress(SOCO), Warehouse district (see if a concert is happening at the Moody Theater, lots of great acts in a phenomenal venue), and walking the Lady Bird Hike and Bike trail to Zilker Park.

To get your bearings quickly on downtown, I highly recommend taking a guided tour on your first day. When we have guest in town and want to show them around we often do the Double Decker Austin tour. We choose the hop-on hop-off option and make a day of it.

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Austin Texas in November

Thanks so much for all of your recommendations!! I can’t tell you how much it’s apprecaited. You gave me so much great info and It is soo helpful!! Thanks again

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,810 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Austin Texas in November

Check past posts for info, links and YouTube video info.

For all things food and more do these searches:

Austin Chronicle (free online newspaper)

Eater Austin

FedMan Walking

Look at YouTube with these searches:

Lady Bird Lake

Austin Drones

Downtown Austin

Austin Duck Tour

2nd Street District

Rainey St. District

South Congress (SoCo)

6th Street

Downtown Austin Whole Foods (Great BBQ kiosk)

Waterloo Records (free mini concerts in a record store across from W.Foods)

Austin Graffiti Wall

Cooper's BBQ Austin

Terry Black's BBQ Austin

I am hearing nice things about the bar at boutique Hotel Van Zandt and live entertainment during week as well as weekends.

On West 6th by Whole Foods there are more shops and reataurants all around.

Rental Car? IMO, no need if you stay downtown.

Edited: 08 November 2017, 22:12
Our community is here to help!Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor
New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Austin Texas in November

Thank you very much!! I appreciate all of the info and I will do some searches with the info that you provided!! Thanks!!!!

Reply to: Austin Texas in November
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted