We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possibly Moving to Austin

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Topic
Possibly Moving to Austin

My boyfriend and I are considering moving to Austin and are heading down next week to help decide. What are the best neighborhoods to live for couples in their early 30's? Also, what are some of the better local restaurants and places to visit? We don't normally go to late night bars and usually do dinners with drinks. Are there any areas to avoid? Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Austin
Austin
Texas
Dallas
Level Contributor
3,532 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Possibly Moving to Austin

A better forum for these questions: http://www.city-data.com/forum/austin/

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,813 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Possibly Moving to Austin

Yes, true. You need to be on the Forum for City Data Austin for great answers about relocation.

For food there are several awesome sites. To me, the best is Eater Austin.

Look at Thrillist, Austin360 and Do512.

Our great weekely entertainment newspaper is free to view online and is archived. www.austinchronicle.com.

The key question you need to ask yourself is how to get as close to your job as possible. Traffic is horrible and will continue to be a mess. You'll see the posts on City Data re: bad commutes.

Mentioned in this post
Austin
Austin
Texas
3. Re: Possibly Moving to Austin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2017, 06:50