I will FINALLY check Austin off of my bucket list, leaving brisk and (possibly) snowy Pittsburgh to eat all the BBQ, listen to all the live music, and drink all the cold beer Austin has to offer...and I. Can't. Wait! Couple questions for the experts...
Hubby and I booked the Omni downtown for 2 reasons: its location and the fact that we had a gift card saving us a few hundred bucks on the weekend. Disappointed I won't have a more authentic experience, but it's too close to Christmas to blow the big bucks. Looks like this is a very walk-able spot, but in wanting to check out the hill country, Salt Lick BBQ, possibly San Antonio (is it worth it?), and the ubers too and from the airport, it may be more economical to rent a car.
- Parking at the Omni is $40 a day. Anyone know a cheaper garage in walking distance where we could park a rental as opposed to in the hotel?
- I saw something about a package deal where the Salt Lick folks will pick you up, take you there to eat and drink, and then bring you back. Anyone ever go this route and is it a good way to go?
- How about the walking ghost tour at night? Fun?
- Any holiday specific sights worth checking out in early December?
- Little known gems?
- Any chance I'll be able to SWIM in December? Looks like there are tons of beautiful swimming holes right around the city.
- What's the best way to check out this bat situation I keep reading about?
- Any total locals-welcome-tourists-tolerated kinda spots you're willing to let out of the bag? ;)
- And the ONE THING we should not miss is _______>
Hey, thanks a lot for all your help, I really appreciate it and will happily help you if you ever want the same kind of detail in or around Pittsburgh, PA. Appreciate it:)