We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hampton inn to Arlington National Cemetery

Alabama
Level Contributor
40 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hampton inn to Arlington National Cemetery

One more question. Trying to finalize plans. We will be staying at the Hampton inn/Pentagon on Leesburg. What would be the best route to go to Arlington Cemetery from there. Should we wait to try to avoid work traffic. Google map shows using 395, but I have a feeling that would be bad.....

Mentioned in this post
Leesburg
Leesburg
Loudoun County, VA
Arlington
Arlington
Virginia
2 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
14,510 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hampton inn to Arlington National Cemetery

Taking I-395 and Washington Boulevard would be the most direct way to get to Arlington National Cemetery from that hotel, but I would not wish that traffic on a visitor and there’s a circle you have to navigate near Memorial Bridge that gives me the willies and I have lived here for 30 years!

So, here’s the route that I take when I go to the Cemetery as I don’t live too far from that hotel:

Exit hotel and get on Leesburg Pike heading toward George Mason Boulevard. Take the right (traffic signal) onto George Mason Boulevard. Follow George Mason Blvd to Arlington Boulevard (Route 50) and take a right heading east on Arlington Blvd (Route 50). There is a traffic signal to help you get onto Route 50. Stay in the right hand lane for about 3 miles. Follow the signs directing you to exit for Arlington Cemetery. This will put you onto the George Washington Parkway for a short time. Stay in the right lane as you will soon exit (watch for sign for Arlington Cemetery). After you exit and get onto Route 110, get in the left hand lane and follow the road a short distance until it “T’s” with Memorial Avenue. Take a left turn at the T and you’ll see the entrance to the parking garage.

If you look at an online map, you should see the route I describe. Google Maps will direct you to Carlin Springs Road from your hotel, but that takes you through an area called Baileys Crossroads which can be really congested. Taking George Mason Blvd is shorter and less congested.

Mentioned in this post
Arlington National Cemetery
Arlington National...
8,435 Reviews
Arlington, VA
Leesburg
Leesburg
Loudoun County, VA
Mason
Mason
Warren County, OH
Arlington
Arlington
Virginia
George Washington's Mount Vernon
George Washington's...
4,060 Reviews
Mount Vernon, VA
Alabama
Level Contributor
40 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hampton inn to Arlington National Cemetery

Thank you so much. We will use these directions ! You have been so much help. We are looking forward to our trip. Not long now!

Reply to: Hampton inn to Arlington National Cemetery
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted