We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer - Scared!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer - Scared!

Hi,

I was going to book Easy Transfer as they seemed a good price, but reading the discussion in the forums has scared me off, they appear to be a shambles mostly, then i considered Green Toad transfers but see that they also use Easy Transfer, i think I'll forget about trying to get a good price and just go for the most reliable transfer, only have 2 nights in Ilha Grande so don't want to spend most of it stuck in a minibus!

Does anyone know of a reliable transfer company even if more expensive?

Is the public bus a better option and easy to navigate?

Thanks in advance guys,

Rich.

Level Contributor
100 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Transfer - Scared!

Do I need to make reservations for teh ferry? Plan to have our own car - or maybe not just use the minibus? Is it easy to leav ethe car back in Angra without problems/ risks of break-ins? rental car

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Transfer - Scared!

Hi Monte,

I'm travelling to Ilha Grande in January and considering taking the bus from Rio to Angra dos Reis and then the ferry over.

Do I need to pre-book the bus and ferry or do I purchase them on the day?

Thanks,

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Rio de Janeiro
Level Contributor
25,575 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Transfer - Scared!

Camron S: purchase them on the day you intend to travel.

buscaonibus.com.br/en/…

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Transfer - Scared!

Monte, many thanks.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Transfer - Scared!

We used Green Toad, but ended up with Top Transfer drivers. The one from Rio to the island was fine, but the driver on the way to the airport was truly scary and we arrived quite shaken. He drove massively over the speed limit the whole way, wove in and out of the traffic on both sides, overtook on double yellow lines, and was on his phone most of the time so did all of this with one hand. Would not recommend either Green Toad or Top Transfer if you value your life.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Transfer - Scared!

An update on my recent post. Green Toad took our complaint very seriously and have disciplined the driver, and plan to implement a GPS system to monitor speeds. They seemed surprised that there are still bad drivers on this route, and gave the impression they will do everything they can to improve the safety of the service. Let's hope no one else has to endure the 90 minutes of fear that we had!

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
334 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Transfer - Scared!

Hi everyone, I have used Ilha Grande Receptivo and they were great.

I have made a trip report, and I hope you can find it useful

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g30349…

18. Re: Transfer - Scared!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2017, 09:04
19. Re: Transfer - Scared!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2018, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Ilha Grande