We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Battambang to Koh Chang

Milano
Level Contributor
8 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
From Battambang to Koh Chang

Hi!

I'll be traveling in late january in cambodia and laos and would like to go from battambang to pailin and then to Koh Chang; does anyone of you guys know how to get directly there or with few connections?

Thx in advance for your help

Vale

Essex
Level Contributor
75 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Battambang to Koh Chang

surely it would be better going via poipet? I know you can get a bus to poipet border, walk across then a minivan to koh chang

Milano
Level Contributor
8 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Battambang to Koh Chang

Thx for the hint… I think it's what I'm gonna do in the end… seemed too complicated traveling solo to get there from Battambang… will skip unfortunately a piece of real Cambodia and its countryside :(

Numansdorp
Level Contributor
6 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Battambang to Koh Chang

Via Pailin will save you a lot of time but is more expensive, no bus so you have to take a taxi from Battambang to Pailin (border) -$25 and then from the border a taxi to the pier for Koh Chang which will be around 2000Baht. There are shared minivans from Battambang to Koh Chang via Poipet for $18pp.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Battambang to Koh Chang

I am travelling from Battambang to phnom phen at the end of April. Where do I get a car and driver and how much would it be. I am told the jaan bai restaurantant is great in Battambang and notice it is no.1 on trip advisor Has anyone eaten here lately

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Battambang to Koh Chang

I am travelling from Battambang to phnom phen at the end of April. Where do I get a car and driver and how much would it be. I am told the jaan bai restaurantant is great in Battambang and notice it is no.1 on trip advisor Has anyone eaten here lately

celje
Level Contributor
3 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Battambang to Koh Chang

It is very easy if you want to pass the Thai border at Pailin and not in Poipet on the way towardsKoh Chang if you can get some other travelers to share transport with you. The shared taxi to the border costs 25-30 dollars in all, after passing the border you can find mini vans going to the ferry pier close to Trat, with barguaining you can get the price arr. 2000 bahts for the whole van - if you are 4 or 5, this is much cheaper and faster way than going by bus via Poipet, the road is in a great condition and there is nearly no waiting at the border.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From Battambang to Koh Chang

I passed through Pailin last week and if your budget allows it definietly go that way, much less hassle than poipet and quicker, we had no trouble getting from battambang to pailin but the resort we were staying at arranged a taxi for us

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
96 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: From Battambang to Koh Chang

Hi I agree - we also took a taxi for $30 from Battamnbang to Pailin in late April. The drive took 2 hours, getting us there by 10.00 am. The border crossing was very fast and we were in Chanthaburi in time to catch a midday bus back to Bangkok. Chanthaburi to Trat is only a couple of hours in the other direction so getting to Koh Chang would be relatively easy.

9. Re: From Battambang to Koh Chang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 14:15