We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Battambang to Phnom Penh by private car

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Battambang to Phnom Penh by private car

We will be travelling from Battambang to Phnom Penh in early June. We are 4 largish adults travelling together, with suitcases, so will not fit in the standard camry which seems to be the common vehicle in Cambodia. We have looked at buses but I would like to leave later in the day (3 - 5 pm). I haven't been able to find anywhere if there is anything larger available. Does anyone know if large 4WD or minibuses are available for hire?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,636 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Battambang to Phnom Penh by private car

Just ask your hotel in BTB to get you some vehicle options and quotes.

But beware, vans cost circa 2.25 to 2.5 times more than the common old Camry taxi.

Best regards. Ian

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Battambang to Phnom Penh by private car

Thanks Ian. I will check with our hotel.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,636 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Battambang to Phnom Penh by private car

If it were the other way round, the Phnnom Penh Region Tourist Assistants have contacts with owner/drivers of a range of vehicle types for Phnom Penh to Battambang and elsewhere.

But these are for better vehicles and better drivers both non-English speaking and English speaking.

Best regards. Ian

Banlung
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Battambang to Phnom Penh by private car

I can only speak for Rattanakiri but here a van or taxi is the same price, $150,00 oneway.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Battambang to Phnom Penh by private car

We travelled by minibus while in cambodia, not from battambang to pp but if i remember correctly it was 10$ ish a head and they had 10 or so seats.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13,636 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Battambang to Phnom Penh by private car

Sanda,

There are regular van services that do charge per person. Plenty of them.

But the OP used the word ...PRIVATE...which is a different thing all together.

Best regards. Ian

7. Re: Battambang to Phnom Penh by private car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2015, 12:20