We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report-Battambang

Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,823 posts
198 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report-Battambang

I thought I would try to create a blog with pictures and I think it worked.

We spent 2 nights in Battambang-January 19-21, 2014 but if I had a do over I would have spent 3 nights. This is a nice town without the frenetic pace of Siem Reap.

…blogspot.com/2014/04/battambangdisappearing…

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,393 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report-Battambang

That's a great idea - love your work!

Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,823 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report-Battambang

Thanks for the kind words.

Just a brief note-

The day tour of the countryside, Bamboo train, etc. was well worth the time and money. I only listed the sites we saw/visited but there is so much more to the tour. We learned all about how the rice paper discs are made and observed the process. This was the same for the other stops-sticky rice, fish paste factory, etc. Nani also gave us lots of history/info on the Well of Shadows- how the Khmer Rouge impacted the area, very moving and Ek Phnom, etc. The ruins at Ek Phnom don't compare to Angkor Wat but they're impressive in their own way. All the wats/temples we saw were interesting also. The Peace Monument is something else. Made in the shape of a naga/snake out of scraps of machine guns, other weapons.

We didn't have enough time to take a cooking class or see the circus but we did do both of these things in Siem Reap. Both of these are highly recommended from former travelers to the town/area.

Also the Seng Hout Hotel does offer free pick up service from the boat or the bus.

Woodend, Australia
Level Contributor
247 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report-Battambang

Thanks Chris what a great blog. My family and l are heading to Cambodia in June and our itinerary includes 3 nts in Battambang. We too are considering taking the boat depending on the water levels. Your day trip sounded fantastic and l'm sure we will do something similar. Can't wait.

Tweed Valley...
Level Contributor
24 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report-Battambang

Thanks so much for your blog. It was very informative and the photos excellent.

5. Re: Trip Report-Battambang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2015, 12:15