We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jingdezhen Porcelain Markets - Where are they?

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
11 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Jingdezhen Porcelain Markets - Where are they?

Hi, can anyone give me the lowdown on specific locations of porcelain markets in Jingdezhen? I am going there next week for 1 day only, therefore want to go to straight to any good markets. I particularly like blue and white vases, tea sets and egg shell design porcelain. Any recommendations for hotels close by? Thanks.

3 replies to this topic
Beijing, China
Level Contributor
4,930 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jingdezhen Porcelain Markets - Where are they?

I made a map of main places man buy porcelain in Jingdezhen:

maps.google.com/maps/ms…

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
11 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jingdezhen Porcelain Markets - Where are they?

Hi thanks for your swift response and grerat map. Hopefully will be able to make my way around some of those markets. Do you have any advise as to what is a "good brand" or artist to buy - reasonable quality but not too expensive?

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
2 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jingdezhen Porcelain Markets - Where are they?

Just got back from Jingdezhen. Very interesting trip, the city leaves a lot to be desired but lots of interesting ceramic markets and workshops.

The map was helpful and still relevant.

I found the Fan Jia Jing Market the most interesting, it is a crappy back alley with lots of little shops with a whole host of wares for you to buy.

Sellers don't like to discount much.

A good quality Famille Rose vase can be bought for 3000-4000RMB, this is for a good quality.

Most bowls and dishes can be bought for around 1000rmb.

Then there are the lower quality items which can be bought from 25rmb to a few hundred. I bought a Chicken cup as a gift for 25rmb,

Basically a wide range of quality and styles to be found. Out of all the markets this was the most interesting.

Laochang isn't worth going to.

Guomao has lots of shops but the quality is lower.

The Jingdezhen Ceramic Folk Museum is an interesting place to view the kilns and will take around 3 hours to walk around and take it in.

You dont really need much more than 2 1/2 days in Jingdezhen.

The Porcelain Museum on Lianshe Lu isnt great and better quality can be seen in most museums in the west.

Make sure you book a hotel to the East of the river, not so much going on in the West Side.

Taxis are cheap.

Worth a trip.

Reply to: Jingdezhen Porcelain Markets - Where are they?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jingdezhen