We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is night tour worth the price? Full moon

Los Angeles...
6 posts
Save Topic
Is night tour worth the price? Full moon

Has anyone visited the park at night? How much can you see? We'll be there on a night with full moon. There's a tour guide offering a 2-hour private tour for $180 but there's only 3 in our group and we will have already paid for daytime entrance. If you've been there at night, please describe. Thank you!

3 replies to this topic
Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
6,669 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is night tour worth the price? Full moon

I didn't know that this was a thing on offer - the two official entrances are only open up to 8 pm at this time of year I thought and it's the time of year with most light. I'm aware that there is a third entrance you can go in at where there are no gates or staff as it was close to where I stayed but I would check out that tour very carefully - you might not be insured and I can't imagine there are lots of lights to see by (despite the moon). What happens if you fall in - is the guide qualified to save people? I've never seen anyone comment on doing such a trip on TA before so I'll be interested too. I assume it's 180 dollars for the group not per person?

Los Angeles...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is night tour worth the price? Full moon

Thanks for all the things to keep in mind. The post implies it's a group price, but I was assuming the trip is permitted by the park. Haven't seen anyone post about this experience either... Looking for anyone who's done this?

S S
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is night tour worth the price? Full moon

That sounds very odd indeed. Why visit such a spectacular natural beautiful park in the dark? Much of what makes it so stunning is the water color and the falls. In the dark you could really be anywhere. I cant imagine the moon would light up the lakes that much. I agree, sounds dangerous! Visit by daylight...you will love it.

Edited: 24 June 2018, 09:46
Reply to: Is night tour worth the price? Full moon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Plitvice Lakes...