We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wagah Border

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Topic
Wagah Border

My train timing to reach Amritsar is 2:20 P.M., Can i see wagah border parade on time ? And Can I carry my luggage with me or not ? If not, where should i have to keep my luggage. Please suggest.

Mentioned in this post
Amritsar
Amritsar
Amritsar District, India
6 replies to this topic
Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
58 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wagah Border

You will easily reach there by time. It's 5 PM in the summers. Just keep your luggage at the Cloak Room and get your token. Before submitting the luggage, it should be properly locked.

Enjoy the ceremony!

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wagah Border

Where is cloak room located?

Level Contributor
1,697 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wagah Border

In train station.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
58 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wagah Border

Cloak Room is available at all the major railway stations. It will also be available at Amritsar Railway Station.

Mentioned in this post
Amritsar
Amritsar
Amritsar District, India
Mumbai
Level Contributor
11,392 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wagah Border

Hi,

I tend to differ in my view. If your train arrives at 14:20 hrs and assuming it is on-time by the time you keep your luggage in the clock-room and leave the station it will be past 15:00 hrs or so. Thereafter to find a vehicle and reach the parking lot at the border will take a minimum of 1 hour. To walk to the stands another 15-20 minutes. If all goes well, very unlikely though, you will reach the site only after 16;30 or so. The stands will be crowded with the tourists who have assembled there from 14:00 hrs onwards and you may not get place to enter the arena. It is always crowded on the Indian side of the border.

My observations is purely based on my personal experience. All I can say is good luck.

CarLink

Amritsar, India
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wagah Border

The ceremony timings are 18:00 now. You can reach the place by 17:00 and you should be fine. There are a few small fun moments before the real ceremony.

Try the Amritsar Wagah Border Tour which leaves the city at 14:30 and will take you to a few more interesting places before the ceremony.

Eg. https:/…amritsar-wagah-border-tour

Mentioned in this post
Amritsar
Amritsar
Amritsar District, India
Wagah Border
Wagah Border
3,262 Reviews
Amritsar, India
Reply to: Wagah Border
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted