We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas

uk
Level Contributor
101 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas

planning trip to this Resort after Singapore end of september but noticed its only Half Board on the holiday listing, was wondering what food and drink prices are like in the complex and what local restaurants are nearby that people would recommend

5 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
2,050 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas

It is quite expensive to eat at the resort but there are many great places in the village. I highly recommend the Mexican restaurant (La Hacienda) and Country Isaan for Thai food.

London, United...
Level Contributor
757 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas

Walking to the local village is no problem for you, as it is next door along the beach.

I would recommend Jip Shop for Thai food.

@Mel S - where is Country Isaan? we missed that one.

uk
Level Contributor
101 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas

thank you both ... i will look into both of them suggestions :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
757 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas

We only go B+B, as Thai food is fantastic and we feel half the fun of a holiday is sampling the local food etc.

Plus the village and local restaurants need your business if they are to survive. This is what attracted us to TNP as usually the 5star resorts are isolated and you get no experience of local life, or the taxi costs mount up.

uk
Level Contributor
101 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas

Essex_paul_12 this is why i asked if theres any good places to eat locally in my question... even when we travel and go A.I we still go off into villages by taxi to find food as we have done in several areas of thailand .... this is our first time at this area ... even gone B&B singapore

Reply to: Anantara Rasananda Koh Phangan Villas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted