We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worth going to Krabi for day trip from Phi Phi ?

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
25 posts
Worth going to Krabi for day trip from Phi Phi ?

I am travelling Thailand for 2 weeks and am going from Phuket to Phi Phi to stay for 3 nights. I am wondering if it would be worth it to take a day trip out to Krabi to see the hot springs specifically? Or if it is not enough time to do it in a day as we do not want to move our luggage around so much.

4 replies to this topic
newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
13,409 posts
169 reviews
1. Re: Worth going to Krabi for day trip from Phi Phi ?

I certainly wouldn't. Why not head to Krabi after your 3 nights on Phi Phi ?

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Level Contributor
25 posts
2. Re: Worth going to Krabi for day trip from Phi Phi ?

We only have 2 weeks and have quite a packed schedule. Starting in Bangkok for 2 days then flying to Chaing Mai for 2 days. From there we will fly to Phuket to get to the Phi Phi ferry to stay For 4 days (3nights) going to Krabi one of those days while at Phi Phi. Then wanted to go back to Phuket for 5 days (4 night). Is that too rushed in some places ?

Also why would you certainly not do a day trip to Krabi ? Is it too far and too much to see for a day trip ? It will be my first time visiting so I have a lot to learn. Thx! :)

Prachuap Khiri...
Level Contributor
8,520 posts
91 reviews
3. Re: Worth going to Krabi for day trip from Phi Phi ?

Wouldn't be my choice, as not a fan of, but even if, seems like a lot of travel, for a hot spring. Depends how much enjoyment factor it is for yourself. It is a nice boat ride and countryside, weather permitting.

There are hot springs in CM.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
13,409 posts
169 reviews
4. Re: Worth going to Krabi for day trip from Phi Phi ?

Why wouldn't I do a day trip to Krabi (Ao Nang?), the ferry takes 2 hrs each way, add on an extra 30mins to get on board before the ferry leaves, that's 5 hrs already

Flying into Phuket & then back out of Krabi, would be a much better idea than a return flight to Phuket

Reply to: Worth going to Krabi for day trip from Phi Phi ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted