We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Share a speedboat from Phuket to Phi Phi?

Sydney, AU
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Share a speedboat from Phuket to Phi Phi?

In July 2008, my partner and I will be flying in to Phuket via Bangkok (from Chiang Rai, earlier that morning) and after already two flights that day, we're hoping to get a speedy transfer over to Phi Phi, where we'll spend 7 nights at Phi Phi Island Village Resort.

To say I've come up against obstacle after obstacle in getting a transfer is an understatement. Our flights were landing too late for the ferry but then after what I've read about the ferries (sinking, late, overcrowded, long duration on the water, sea-sickness/rough), I'm thinking there's a better option for us than this anyway.

So I found on one website (AsiaWebDirect) a SEAPLANE transfer from Patong to Phi for only 2999 baht...perfect! Not so....turns out Destination Air no longer does that route and to take the seaplane from Phuket to Phi Phi instead, we'd be looking at 4999 baht...too expensive.

So we've started thinking of a speedboat transfer but I'm having much more trouble than I would've thought - considering the amount of posts on forums, etc, about speedboats transfers - finding out who does them and for how much is proving incredibly difficult. Some forum posts say 9000 baht, others say 15,000 per boat (charter).

Sooo.....does anyone know the cheapest and most reliable speedboat transfer from Phuket to Phi Phi and how I can contact them? Or.....is it better to try and organise something at the pier once we get there, bearing in mind I've read that many speedboat companies are out on day trips, so might not be available once we get there).

Also, is there any way of connecting with other travellers prior to us arriving in the country to see about "sharing" a speedboat to Phi Phi?

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Chiang Rai
Chiang Rai
Chiang Rai Province, Thailand
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
954 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Phi Phi Island Village Beach Resort
Phi Phi Island Village...
4,706 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
belgium
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Share a speedboat from Phuket to Phi Phi?

i am intrested, but depends on what dates..... we (3 pers) will go to phi phi on the 19th of july and we will return on the 25 th july. If this matches anyhow with your plans contact me by mail. serbanbarbu123@yahoo.com

belgium
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Share a speedboat from Phuket to Phi Phi?

and by the way , the transfer costs 8000 baht per boat per way......

athens
Level Contributor
689 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Share a speedboat from Phuket to Phi Phi?

i would concider the sea plane as there is a possibility for rough sea!!

South Africa
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Share a speedboat from Phuket to Phi Phi?

Out of interest, what did you end up doing? I'm going to Phi Phi in November and am facing the same problems (flying in from Chiang Mai via Bangkok). Would appreciate feedback on your experience.

Mentioned in this post
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
954 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Phi Phi Island
Level Contributor
311 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Share a speedboat from Phuket to Phi Phi?

hello i have just seen this advert in local paper for private speedboat transfers to various islands, could be worth getting in touch to see what they offer..

www.djpit-travel.com

good luck.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
11 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Share a speedboat from Phuket to Phi Phi?

Hi there!

How did you end up going with the transfer to Phi Phi? We are going in Feb 09 and again we arrive after the morning ferry leaves, if we leave it until the afternoon ferry we lose most of a day on Phi phi!

We arrive in Phuket at 8.40 am and would like to get to Phi phi asap, any ideas?

Chris

Mentioned in this post
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
954 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Share a speedboat from Phuket to Phi Phi?

Hi there, we arrived in phuket around 9am took our time, had something to eat and got to Rasada Pier around 11am - ferry leaves at 1.30pm. Paid 350 baht each way and purchased our tickets at Phuket airport on the way out. Cheaper than what you would pay at the pier.

Had a fabulous stay on Phi Phi.

Izzy

Mentioned in this post
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
954 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Australia
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Share a speedboat from Phuket to Phi Phi?

Great post.

I also wish to get a private boat over. Any info would be great.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get to the pier?

MANCHESTER
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Share a speedboat from Phuket to Phi Phi?

Hi mate,

Did you get anywhere with your private transfer in the end. I am going in a couple of weeks so it any info would be helpful?!

I would assume that there are loads of people milling around the harbour doing the same thing as many flights arrive into Phuket after the last scheduled ferry leaves?

Cheers

Nick

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Share a speedboat from Phuket to Phi Phi?

It sucks...this guy's only got 1 post.

>_<

Can anyone else answer our enquiries?

Is it even possible to see a lot on a 1 day trip?

I just saw the ferry times...

The earliest leaves at 8:30am, arriving at 10:45 from Rasada Pier.

The latest the ferry leaves Phi Phi back to Phuket is at 3pm (750baht) or 2:30pm (300-400baht)

With further research it turns out that Rasada Pier is located in Phuket Town.

How long does it take to get to Phuket Town from Patong?

Since the ferry arrives at 10:45, will there be enough time to sightsee around Phi Phi before having to leave at 2ish?

All your answers will be highly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
954 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Phuket Town
Phuket Town
Phuket, Thailand
Patong