We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don't book "Silver Hawk" trip to Pi Phi, Bamboo & Mu Koh Hon

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Don't book "Silver Hawk" trip to Pi Phi, Bamboo & Mu Koh Hon

Booked this tour for our last day in Thailand (Family). They never arrived to pick us up on time and an hour later we got a phone call to say a taxi was on its way. The driver had no idea where he was going and left us stranded at the wrong port. We had to get a taxi back to our hotel and wasted a morning and was not reimbursed. No apology, no contact afterwards, no compensation for wrecking our last day. NO service on consideration - very unimpressed and this shows how unprofessional they are - typical service for Thailand. Will never be back again, do yourself a favour and avoid Phuket - its a zoo and I can't see the attraction

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,015 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Don't book "Silver Hawk" trip to Pi Phi, Bamboo & Mu Koh Hon

Whilst Phuket is not my favourite place, I think you are being a little unfair as many people in Thailand run wonderful tours and other services that are punctual and go the extra mile. It's unfortunate that you had a bad experience - it happens in Australia too and many people think the Gold Coast is a zoo! You shouldn't base your decision not to go back on one bad experience and as Phuket is a mass tourism destination I'm not sure what you expected but there are plenty of other, beautiful non-zoo like places in Thailand to experience.

ireland
Level Contributor
338 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Don't book "Silver Hawk" trip to Pi Phi, Bamboo & Mu Koh Hon

I agree with cassnu everyone has different experiences we are going to Phuket in March to make our own hopefully good ones.we are doing Phi Phi with Phuket sail tours and they have had all good reviews yes Phuket is a popular tourist destination...but you know that when you go there!

Auch, France
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Don't book "Silver Hawk" trip to Pi Phi, Bamboo & Mu Koh Hon

Silver Hawk trip to Phi Phi, Bamboo Island and Hong Island is a great tour. Sorry you missed it due to one incompetent taxi driver. To say "Don't book this tour" is misleading because it is one of the best tours around the islands. All tours are reliant on minibus and taxi drivers (not their own drivers) for the transfers from your hotel to the pier and unfortunately not all drivers are reliable. A well planned holiday on Phuket can be a trip of a lifetime. Phuket has many different resorts, trips and sightseeing spots. Some resorts are definitely not for families and some resorts are definitely not for young couples or single people. You must choose the right one for you. Millions of tourists visit Phuket and most of them come back many times. In fact there are hundreds of thousands of ex-pats from around the world who decide to make Phuket their home. It is very sad that one bad taxi driver left you with this feeling. If the taxi was booked by the tour operator you should be able to get your money back from the agent you booked with or from Silver Hawk. silverhawkgroup@gmail.com Telephone 084 306 8881.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Don't book "Silver Hawk" trip to Pi Phi, Bamboo & Mu Koh Hon

I repeat, don't book this tour with the company :SILVER HAWK", use another company! I didn't just miss the tour due to one incompetent taxi driver - I missed the tour because the company did not send the tour bus to pick us up and then sent the taxi driver around an hour later with insufficient information to direct us. He tried to ring the head office but could not contact them. The company offered us no apology, no compensation for ruining our last day and did not reimburse our taxi fare back to our hotel after we were left stranded. Just not good enough and I warn people again to avoid this company!

Auch, France
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Don't book "Silver Hawk" trip to Pi Phi, Bamboo & Mu Koh Hon

Like I said, this Silver Hawk tour is in my opinion one of the best. I took this tour and it was run very professionally. I had no problems with pick up or anything else for that matter. It seems strange that I have never heard anybody else complain about them. Just wondering if you booked through an agent rather than direct? If you did then it could be that the agent failed to give all the correct info to Silver Hawk. That would definitely result in the problem that you encountered. It is a great shame that you did not get chance to go on that tour, very frustrating for you I am sure. :(

6. Re: Don't book "Silver Hawk" trip to Pi Phi, Bamboo & Mu Koh Hon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2013, 17:27