We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Longtail Rental for Day Trip

Denver
Level Contributor
27 posts
12 reviews
Longtail Rental for Day Trip

Hi All, I will be spending 2 nights on Ko Phi Phi Don next week and wondering if renting a longtail boat for the day to see other islands is as easy as everyone makes it sound? Staying on Long Beach...are boats right there on the beach available at any time? Or best to find a rental in Tonsai? It will only be my husband and I and we dont want to do a group tour. How much is acceptable to pay for a full day rental? Snorkeling gear on board? And finally, I read that if you pay first there is a better chance of being taken to better beaches....true? THANK YOU!!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
122 reviews
1. Re: Longtail Rental for Day Trip

Hi Denver,

You won't have any hassle hiring a long tail from the beach or Tonsai - or even through your resort on Long Beach - but there should be a few on the beach for you to arrange an outing with.

if you can I would arrange it the day prior as you really want to head out early - like 7am to not only avoid the crowds but the sea is usually calmer early in the morning and then you should get back in time to also enjoy the afternoon.

The day out will be about 6 to 7 hours and should cost you any where from 1600baht to 2000baht depending on whom you go with, in my experience they have always had snorkelling gear on board and if mot your resort may have some to loan.

I have not heard that you get taken to better beaches if you pay up-front, I have always paid on drop off.

Hope you have a great day out!

MK

2. Re: Longtail Rental for Day Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2013, 17:31