We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lampang guide

newtown, ct
Level Contributor
40 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Lampang guide

We're planning 1.5 days in Lampang. Can you recommend a local guide?

8 replies to this topic
perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lampang guide

Hi

Lampang is not touristy area there for I don't think they would have tour agency as such( I have never seen one) Your best option is to get a tour guide and / or driver from chiang Mai. Or if you want to dot it yourself is pretty easy to do. Just check in one of the hotel or guest house ( R-Lampang very pretty old fashion house not far from the river you can hire a bicycle) and I'm sure the people at the guest house can help you out with all directions. Most people on the street will speak basic English you will get by just fine.

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lampang guide

Just want to add I'm from Lampang if you tnink I can be any assistance. Don't hesitate to let me know.

newtown, ct
Level Contributor
40 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lampang guide

thank you sweetpea, we'll just wait until we get to Lampang and see how things develop. Going through the quest house in Lampang makes the most sense. can you tell me anything about the Lampang Herb Conservation Assembly? their website is in Thai with no english translation.

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lampang guide

Hi

Sorry I didn't get back to you soon enough. I have never been to herb conservation. I did had a look but I couldn't find much on the website either. Its sounds like community run program as they said they have over 150 members. They are not far from city center if you have time to spare I think it's worth to have a look. Maybe hire songtheaw to take you there and they can pick you up later. I agree wait until you get there and I'm sure the people at the guesthouse will sort that out for you. All the guesthouse are family run and some of them speak English very well. Another guesthouse to look at is riverside guesthouse right on the river bank( hence the name)

Good luck

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lampang guide

Forgot to mention if you're there weekend there's walking street. Kad kong TA not far from those guesthouse I mentions above.

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Lampang guide

Hi sweet pea,

I'm going to Lampang. Need your advise.

My wechat ID is avan81

My line ID is also avan81

Please contact me asap,

perth
Level Contributor
20,294 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lampang guide

@Avan1981

As much as I want to help you out. But I have a limits of how to be contact. I can't or won't add you on my LINE account. That's too personal.

You can ask the questions here. But if you want privacy then contact me by using private message. Just click under my name and you will see "send message". Only you and me can see message.

San Diego...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Lampang guide

Hi if you are looking for some one who can help you get the most out oc Lampang experience, just simply contact me

My Line ID is obeland

I am local Lampang

I used to live in USA for 6 yrs

(So Language barrior-Free guarantee)

I led many Foreign tourists on Lampang Sight seeing trip quite often

This VDO might give you an idea

https://youtu.be/40ZnSxU-v44

My Line app ID is obeland

See you soon

Edited: 01 November 2015, 14:48
Reply to: Lampang guide
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted