We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to Lampang

Taunton, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Visit to Lampang

Am going to spend a couple of nights in Lampang shortly before going onto Chiang Mai, would welcome some advice on a good hotel for a couple of nights either in Lampang or near by? Does any one have any advice about the Lampang Tique Hotel, seen this advertised on certain sites, but am not sure that it is what we are looking for?

Mentioned in this post
Lampang
Lampang
Lampang Province, Thailand
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
5 replies to this topic
Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,162 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit to Lampang

SweetPea might be able to help you as she is originally from Lampang I believe, you can PM her if she doesn't reply to this post. We only had an afternoon in Lampang and wished we had been staying longer, such a nice town, lots of traditional old Thai houses.

Mentioned in this post
Lampang
Lampang
Nan Province...
Level Contributor
536 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit to Lampang

I can not really give comment about the Lampang Tique Hotel, but it would not be my favourite location for an hotel in Lampang.

Have a nice diner along the rivers, visit the weekend-market in the old town, visit one of the many beautiful temples in town, make an horse-carrige tour in the city. Visit the beautiful Lampang Luang Temple (outside the city) and the Jungle-Market (outside the city).

Hire an bicycle and have ride in town in the afternoon, well the "old town" that is with all the beautiful wooden houses (damm I should have bought that house that for sale a few years ago).

Just sit and relax and feel Thai provincial life.

Chang Noi

Mentioned in this post
Lampang
Lampang
Taunton, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit to Lampang

Thanks for your great advice. Will definately make time on our visit and try to do all you suggested, also thinking of looking for different place to stay. When we leave Lampang, after a couple of days - would you suggest visiting Lamphun on our way to Chiang Mai? or is there anywhere else nice to stay on route. Might have to take local bus, would that be possible?

Mentioned in this post
Lampang
Lampang
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Nan Province...
Level Contributor
536 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visit to Lampang

If you are into beautiful old temples ... then yes Lamphun should be on your list. And I am sure there will be an local bus going from Lampang to Lamphun. It is about 70km I think. From Lamphun you could take the local songtheaw to Chiang Mai via the old route that partly goes along the Ping river.

One of the temples at Lamphun is Wat Haripunchai. Actually the area of Lamphun has much more to offer historical-wise, but you will need a good guide for that.

Chang Noi

Mentioned in this post
Lampang
Lampang
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visit to Lampang

Where would you recommend staying in Lampang?

Mentioned in this post
Lampang
Lampang
Reply to: Visit to Lampang
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lampang