We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury cave camp in Wadi Rum

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
141 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury cave camp in Wadi Rum

Hi all,

I saw this place on this website but was not able to find more information online. It says Captains camp but when I clicked the link, it brought me to Captains Desert Camp and their website did not have a picture like that, nor any mention of it. Does anyone have an idea?

https://carpediemourway.com/wp-content/uploa…

Thanks in advance

12 replies to this topic
Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury cave camp in Wadi Rum

That looks fascinating, but I really don't think that it is in Wadi Rum! What other information did the website give?

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
170 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury cave camp in Wadi Rum

I doubt if this in wadi rum desert . all the desert camps in wadi rum offer tents , tented bungalows or chalets . from the rock formation .. its more likely to be in one of the rocky camps near little petra .

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,603 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury cave camp in Wadi Rum

On booking.com it is written that "Captain's Desert Camp has 2 locations, one situated close to the Disi area and the other in the shadow of the Um Infous Mountain." Maybe it can be there? But I cannot find where this mountain is. Google cannot find it of course, neither other my sources, but maybe someone knows?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury cave camp in Wadi Rum

Thanks for the prompt replies.

This is the full article.

https:/…

I had searched for ‘Luxury cave stay in Jordan’, ‘Cave stay in Wadi Musa’, but nothing matching came up.

I had emailed the blogger and hoping for a reply soon.

11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury cave camp in Wadi Rum

I recommend you to go to bait Ali Camp

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury cave camp in Wadi Rum

"Captain" has a large fixed camp in Dissi and another desert camp somewhere east of Jebel Barragh.

These caves are definitely NOT in Wadi Rum. There is no formation like that anywhere there. As Firas says, this resembles the caves in the Petra area, rathere than the red sandstone of Wadi Rum.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,603 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxury cave camp in Wadi Rum

Yes, it can be right, when I look at the picture the rock remind me of Petra or Wadi Musa, but not of Wadi Rum or even Disa.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxury cave camp in Wadi Rum

Thanks for the recommendation.

I will definitely consider.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
17 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxury cave camp in Wadi Rum

That blog was really misleading then. I will check with Captains directly. Thank you.

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
10,603 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luxury cave camp in Wadi Rum

But, do you really need to have a luxury cave? Many camps have cave also and it looks more natural than this one on the picture. Moreover, it is not so very good reviews about captains camp as I remember. And so many people, at least there on other pictures on booking.com, crowded it will be.

Remember, you will be in the desert, you wish to have genuine experience, it is more suitable to stay in more simple camp, IMHO.

Edited: 09 June 2018, 16:36
Reply to: Luxury cave camp in Wadi Rum
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted