We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Singapore to Marang jetty to Pulau Redang

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
21 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Singapore to Marang jetty to Pulau Redang

Has anyone here taken CTTS bus service from Sg to Marang jetty? If yes, what's the experience like? Besides CTTS, any other bus transport company to recommend?

9 replies to this topic
Singapore
Level Contributor
1,822 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Singapore to Marang jetty to Pulau Redang

Other than CTTS, there aren't any other bus operators that operate this service. As far as I know, CTTS transfers all the passengers from Singapore to another bus at Larkin Sentral before going to Marang Jetty. There is a SGD30+ difference between taking the bus from Singapore and Larkin Sentral if you check the prices on easybook.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,029 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Singapore to Marang jetty to Pulau Redang

Never taken this CTTS.. normally takes bus to Kuala Terrengganu & my Malaysia travel agent picks me up... many buses to Kuala Terengganu..

When Konsortium was still around , i take them when i wanna go direct to Shahbandar Jetty..

Ferries to Redang depart from Shahbandar Jetty & Merang Jetty...

Marang Jetty has only speedboats to Pulau Kapas & Pulau Gemia..

You sure u booked a Redang ferry from Marang Jetty?

Cheers

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,822 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Singapore to Marang jetty to Pulau Redang

@ddayrncm, which Malaysia agent do you book your packages from?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,029 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Singapore to Marang jetty to Pulau Redang

@ Teebs ,

My holiday to Redang , Lang Tengah is booked a little different from my vacations to anywhere else.. all full packages .

I don't have the contact with me right now but i basically walked into Kuala Terengganu's area where a lot of travel agencies are based..

In my earlier trips , my contact is known as Auntie Soo & her daughter.. dunno where i left their namecard already..

In recent trips , i jus walked into any travel agency office & say i wanna go to Redang & my budget , how many days.. sometimes it will be 3 days in 1 resort & 2 days in another resort nearby... or a change of room type.. because i am booking last minute..

This agents are always able to sort it out as i pay cash on the spot 😀

I travel solo & i don't mind the room conditions or change of rooms , so my carefree(or don't care style actually) travel style hardly suits anyone else besides backpackers..

Definitely don't do it my way if you have a family with kids!

But there are a few others who can organise land/sea transfers from Kuala Terengganu to Merang Jetty... without including the package..

RNR Budget Holiday Sdn.Bhd.

Kaunter No.1, Terminal Penumpang,

Jalan Sultan Zainal Abidin,

20200 Kuala Terengganu,

Terengganu Darul Iman, MALAYSIA.

WhatsApp / Wechat / Call :-

+6013.9535.666, +6012.9679.444.

T : +609.6223.904

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php…

rnrbudgetholidaytrg@gmail.com

Reliable for land transfers & u can include the ferry booking with them also.

If u want to book full packages , all these below are good ... they can meet u either at Kuala Terengganu Airport or the Bus Terminal , or u can travel by yourselves & meet them at their office..

http://redangisland.org

https://www.redangisland.com/resorts.htm

https://www.amitravel.my/contact-us

I prefer those based in Kuala Terengganu in case u need to sort out something , clarify or consider early departure or room extensions...

I only do the East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia this way as i find public transport too troublesome , compared to the big towns & cities..

Cheers

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,822 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Singapore to Marang jetty to Pulau Redang

Hmmm...in this case, I definitely can't do what you are doing...my wife will roast me alive if I tell her I'm going to do that...lol

Anyway, I still haven't decided where to go in September. I would like to go to Lang Tengah for snorkeling and lazing around but my wife says that 10hr bus ride is a killer...lol...

6. Re: Bus from Singapore to Marang jetty to Pulau Redang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2018, 18:24

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,029 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Singapore to Marang jetty to Pulau Redang

Lang Tengah is very very relaxed because only 3 resorts ...

D'Coconut is the best value for $$$..

If u book via the 3 websites , they will include everything including the meals & snorkelling package , ferry...

U can ask them how much extra to fetch u from Kuala Terengganu Bus Terminal to their office.

Or u can take a taxi to their office yourself , or meet them directly at the jetty...

For supposedly easier flight option , i think there is no more direct flight between Singapore & Kuala Terengganu Airport & u have to do a transfer at KLIA...

That is the problem with going to Redang , Lang Tengah , etc.

Long bus ride...

The One Travels has stopped their bus services between Shahbandar/Merang Jetty & Singapore so everyone is left with this CTTS .. or Bus to Kuala Terengganu..

Cheers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus from Singapore to Marang jetty to Pulau Redang

Hi like your attitude Skoobee , probs is we are coming from Oz and first time this far up the east coast . We book in advance for Tioman as only a few of the old charming huts left . It does seem that packages are the way to go on Redang, so flying from KL and walking into an agents office is the best way to go re ferry, meal,accom`n meeting ferry times etc when on a tight schedule is the way to go.?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,029 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus from Singapore to Marang jetty to Pulau Redang

Ferries on the East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia are a hassle even for me , as a frequent traveller to Malaysia..

After a few occasions when some Package Tour operators got priorities seats & quicker boarding ahead of me , i decided that i"ll just book a half-board snorkelling package whenever o go to this islands...

They take care of everything from the moment u meet up with their representatives till the end(depends on how extensive is your package booking)..

Some travellers book the return land trips between the airport & jetty(especially if your jetty is the further away Merang Jetty) as well to eliminate any hassle of taxis going the long/wrong way or miscommuication due to language differences , etc ..

Perhentian Islands & Tioman has much more free & easy travellers...

I hate the hassle for ferries(the boarding procedures/trip itself as well as reliability) are the most troublesome aspect of a vacation to the islands here..

A tight schedule does not affect anything at all since the meet-up dates & timings are co-ordinated with the travel agents..

However , there are in fact still quite a bunch of international travellers who simply just turns up at the jetty without a ferry ticket booked or accomodation booked..

Free & easy travellers with a lot of time on their hands ...

For last few trips to Redang & Lang Tengah , my agency's rep happened to be travelling to the islands as well.. that made the entire trip extremely seamlessly relaxing & he/she took care of my trip aspects including ferry boardinf , check-in , meal choices , etf , till they left the island...

You can also do a direct booking with the resorts on Redang as lots of them have their own websites...

The Resort representatives can meet u at their mainland office , jetty or airport , charges apply respectively ...

Or u can save some $$ & travel DIY to the resort...

Sometimes i do not eat at my resort & or join them for snorkelling or kayaking trips though they are paid for...

I simply walk into any restaurant & see if anything on their food menus appeal to me...

I am a solo traveller so it's a norm for me really...

I'm a flashpacker & stayed at the cheaper Redang Bay & Redang Reef..

So i will have simply no idea about Taaras or Laguna Redang , the more expensive ones...

Cheers & Happy Planning 😀

Edited: 07 July 2018, 00:11
Reply to: Bus from Singapore to Marang jetty to Pulau Redang
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted