We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

basic Transportation allowance

1 post
Save Topic
basic Transportation allowance

Is there such a thing as BTA

19 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
5,271 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: basic Transportation allowance

No there isn't

England, United...
Level Contributor
13,014 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: basic Transportation allowance

No there isn’t.

Did someone you “met” on-line tell you they need money for a BTA so they can visit you in your country?

If the answer to that question is “ Yes” then you are being scammed.

Lagos, Nigeria
Level Contributor
469 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: basic Transportation allowance

Not BTA but PTA which can only be obtained in Banks

Regards

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,253 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: basic Transportation allowance

<<Is there such a thing as BTA>>

Actually there IS such a thing as "BTA" BUT its correct title is "Business travel allowance" and is an allowance of foreign exchange that Nigerian business people "can" apply for from Nigerian banks when travelling abroad ON BUSINESS.

Its an optional ALLOWANCE not a REQUIREMENT, foreign exchange is strictly controlled to prevent foreign exchange being taken ilegally out of the country

Sadly scammers have highjacked this, and miss-represented it, claiming "BTA" is a REQUIREMENT, applying to everyone wanting to leave the country.

The same applies to PTA, this is a foreign exchange ALLOWANCE for fees when schooling is used out of country, and has to be applied for from banks.

Ivan

Level Contributor
5,271 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: basic Transportation allowance

"Actually there IS such a thing as "BTA" BUT its correct title is "Business travel allowance""

That's not what the OP was asking about. He asked about Basic Transport Allowance, such they're is no such thing.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,253 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: basic Transportation allowance

<<That's not what the OP was asking about. He asked about Basic Transport Allowance, such they're is no such thing.>>

BUT the OP also refered to "BTA" which is oten the used term.

The main fact is that as soon as "BTA" or Basic Transport Alowance" is mentioned, you KNOW its a scam.

Ivan

Level Contributor
5,271 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: basic Transportation allowance

"The main fact is that as soon as "BTA" or Basic Transport Alowance" is mentioned, you KNOW its a scam."

Absolutely agree 100%

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,857 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: basic Transportation allowance

100% correct. We need a FAQ for this forum where we can define BTA = scam

4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: basic Transportation allowance

i have a girl telling me is real and its the immigration thats charging the fees as she called it first boaring fees then recent reworded it . sent her the money now she says she received counterfit money somewhere , that been used in her scam befor 8 months ago wish theres a way t actualy catch these people and scam them back as i have seen no receipts on payents oh she says not actaully a fees its only flash money again tpoo dangrous catyying thousands of dollars on hand who know she gets robbed then what shes tarsded in another country or even killed. if legit coming as she has sent me website copied booking flight waitng days to fly as i now it takes a credit card to pay for ticket once booked some more lies i guess. so ybes more scam material and then sh says the airports te scam it self says she need more 150mto fly from auja not lagos but still gotta fly from lagos. but recent she booked from lagos to shreveport but sid counterfit again

10. Re: basic Transportation allowance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 December 2017, 18:09

Reply to: basic Transportation allowance
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted