We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How safe working in Nigeria:Logos for foreigners?

India
2 posts
Save Topic
How safe working in Nigeria:Logos for foreigners?

Hi Evryone, I m 25 male from India, I got a job offer from Lagos Nigeria, SOSOLISO AIRLINE CORPORATION NIGERIA LIMITED, By reading the above article I m in a dilemma to accepts this offer, eventhough it pays huge money I dont want to take the risk of life...I also heard that Logos is one of the worst place in Nigeria... there are lots of robbery especially on foreigners...Is that true? Is there any out there who had same problems? I have to finalize this offer this week? please do write your comments, opinions and prev experiences back to me on kvishwa_k@yahoo.com......I would appreaciate your time and patience..anyhw thanks

Mentioned in this post
Lagos
Lagos
Lagos State, Nigeria
Nigeria
Nigeria
Africa
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
12,474 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How safe working in Nigeria:Logos for foreigners?

Looks like another advanced fee fraud.

They will require you to have certain permits done up before joining. They will then direct you to a certain travel agency which you need to pay a fee to get it done.

You pay the money, they may ask for more, until you are out of money, or they stop contact with you.

cellbiol.com/netwatch/…4187.html

India
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How safe working in Nigeria:Logos for foreigners?

Thanks for your reply....I got a reply saying that I need to pay funds.....Please have a below thread and let me know your comments:)

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

This is to officially authenticate this job offer and to let you know that the next step in actualizing your job offer is to acquire your valid Nigeria work and resident permit from Travel Agency.

Job Ref. No. 556889GH

This step will definitely cost you some funds but you are advised to keep all the receipts of expenses incurred during this process as it will be the evidence you will use when you want to reclaim your money.

This company will reimburse you within five working days after you join us here in Nigeria. On the receipt of your permit papers, we will transfer your first monthly salary to you before you embark on this trip so that you will settle all your domestic engagements before you leave your country.

We look forward in welcoming you aboard.

Best Regards

Capt. David Lampard

Admin Manager

Sosoliso Airline Corporation Limited

Fly Your Way To Greatness

Mentioned in this post
Nigeria
Nigeria
Africa
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
12,474 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How safe working in Nigeria:Logos for foreigners?

Do NOT send them money. Its a scam.

Do your own search on google and do not be the next victim.

I have not heard of any airline that hires without a face to face interview and checking your references.

Danville, California
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How safe working in Nigeria:Logos for foreigners?

This is an obvious scam. Any job offer you receive from Nigeria is probably a scam, unless you interview at a reputable international company that has a position at their Nigerian subsidiary. Most of those companies will be oil or construction.

Mentioned in this post
Nigeria
Nigeria
Africa
5. Re: How safe working in Nigeria:Logos for foreigners?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 13:20