We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hospital scam

Barnsley, United...
1 post
Save Topic
hospital scam

i have a girlfiend who was living and working in nigeria but due to fly home.When i got a text from a doctor in nigeria saying she had been in an accident and needed surgery,but before surgery they needed my consent and agreement to pay the bill.She is originally american but been living in england for around a year.Does hospitals in nigeria usually charge a bill or is this a scam??They say they wont release her until they recieve money,they were not going to operate until i threatened them.If it is a scam who do i contact to get her out of there and back to england.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
12,110 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hospital scam

The scam is not the hospital scamming you.

Ths scam is your girl doesnt exist.

…state.gov/travel/…financial_scams_4554.html

Www.romancescams.org

Edited: 02 June 2012, 17:34
Lagos
Level Contributor
184 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hospital scam

have you ever nmet this girl before? the "girl" is most likely a guy scamming you

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
394 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hospital scam

How does anyone fall for this crap? It's really unbelievable to me that anyone could be so clueless. Classic. I truly can't wrap my head around how some folks would even entertain some of these wild and ridiculous stories. At least it makes for interesting reading material!

4. Re: hospital scam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2013, 14:16