We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White,female going to lagos alone

Paphos, Paphos...
1 post
Save Topic
White,female going to lagos alone

Hi,I would like to visit lagos for a vacations.would that be any dangerous if I am alone or should I join a group or something?thanks

Level Contributor
86 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: White,female going to lagos alone

Type in: white female traveling alone, in the search bar.all of your answers are there.

Cincinnati, Ohio...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: White,female going to lagos alone

You should have no problems especially if you stay at lagos island. Mainland is a lot rougher but not necessarily dangerous. I mean its safer than Brooklyn or Chicago.

12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: White,female going to lagos alone

Yes Nigeria is save and a wonderful country but better you have a friend come along with you or you have some contacts here

Mentioned in this post
Nigeria
Nigeria
Africa
Atyrau
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: White,female going to lagos alone

Hey Iliaxtida,

I have been living in Lagos for almost over an year and it is a great place.I stay at Vi, and it's safe here to move except main land and faraway areas.

If you have any questions, do call me at +234-8105433244.I would be happy to help you out with your questions.

Regards

Kirti

Mentioned in this post
Lagos
Lagos
Lagos State, Nigeria
Edmonton, Canada
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: White,female going to lagos alone

I went to Lagos Nigeria by myself for two weeks being a white female. I just went in Sept. 2012 You get looked at a lot if you are on the main land and the men like calling you, princess, duchess, and queen. The only problem I found is that when Nigerians see you, they think $$$, so watch your money

Mentioned in this post
Lagos
Lagos
Lagos State, Nigeria
London, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: White,female going to lagos alone

My husband is Nigerian, from Benin City. And we went together to stay with his parents & family, according to my experience it's generally the north which is insecure, but the rest is okay.

www.cheapflynigeria.co.uk

Edited: 20 February 2013, 21:54
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: White,female going to lagos alone

Stay sharp, limit night crawling to parts of V.I./Ikoyi/Lekki

- Befriend local women

- Consider wearing a (fake) wedding ring

- Make an effort to be friendly but remain stern when you need to

- contact your embassy

- expect the unexpected

- always have a contingency plan

8. Re: White,female going to lagos alone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2014, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Lagos