We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

confused

Save Topic
confused

i am planning a trip to lagos in june and want to know why do i need a invitation letter from someone in nigeria in order to go and get a visa. what if you dont know anyone there to get a invitation letter?

Level Contributor
86 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: confused

Www.travelvisapro.com

Call the 1800 number and ask them your questions. They are very helpful.

They have a special department just for Nigeria.

Mentioned in this post
Nigeria
Nigeria
Africa
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: confused

Or you can call the closest nigerian embassy

Ohio
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: confused

You don't necessarily need a letter of invitation. You can send a hotel reservation confirmation. The letter is mostly for those visiting family/friends and lets the Nigerian Embassy know someone will be responsible for you during your visit. If you don't know anyone then the hotel confirmation and a blacked out bank statement should do it.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: confused

Hi Confused, I am Nigerian but my husband isn't (we live in Canada). On his first trip to Nigeria, to obtain his visa, my parents (who live in Nigeria) had to write him a letter of invitation.

It's pretty standard. I have to do the same thing every couple of years when my parents' Canadian visa is up for renewal.

If you don't know anyone there (personal or business), it would be a little odd to visit. Nigeria isn't exactly a tourist hotspot.

Edited: 15 March 2013, 02:57
Mentioned in this post
Nigeria
Nigeria
Africa
5. Re: confused

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2014, 14:15