We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just wanted a little help

10 posts
Save Topic
Just wanted a little help

I have been talking to a man that says he is staying at the Capital City Hotel in Lagos I met him on a dating site he has not asked for any money and I have let him know I am poor he sounds like he's from India possibly how do I find out if he is truly staying at the hotel or getting ready to try to scam me

Lagos, Nigeria
Level Contributor
462 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Just wanted a little help

But good to know you didn't part ways with any penny

1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Just wanted a little help

i have an online afircan boyfriend from alagbado lagos his name is jimoh tiamiyu and he wants me to go over there and marry, would it be safer if we married in my country New Zealand? his country sounds so unsafe.

10 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Just wanted a little help

Don't go it could be very dangerous and you might not come home again.if he truly loves you he will find a way to you BEWARE

10 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Just wanted a little help

I can't believe it my scanner is still trying to call me and send me emails and texts I am not responding the only response I gave him was when I told him I sent the money and of course that was a lie I would think he would get the hint by now and move on to his next scam victim these guys are really something else

Lagos, Nigeria
Level Contributor
462 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Just wanted a little help

One good way to cut off all communication with him is by asking your network service provider to block your mobile 📱 line & get another. Else, here in Africa, most scammers uses voodoo to hypnotize their victims until you been milked off. Stay safe online!

Agape always

10 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Just wanted a little help

Brandy E I hope all worked out for you and your boyfriend I hope you do not go to Africa. I wish you luck.Be careful.

17. Re: Just wanted a little help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2017, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Lagos
Recent Conversations