We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ploiesti to OTP Airport (Early morning Flight)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Ploiesti to OTP Airport (Early morning Flight)

Hi, any advice you could give to travel from Ploiesti to OTP Airport for my flight at 5.40am. What options do I have as I stay in a apartment in Ploiesti?

Budget: 40 Euro, Traveling alone

I am thinking:

1) Travel to the airport the night before and stay till the counter check-in is open. (Is staying overnight in OTP airport legal?)

2) Travel to Burcharest the night before, stay in a hostel and use the bus to go into OTP airport in the early morning.

3) Any good airport transfer services that is reliable so that I can travel directly from Ploiesti to OTP airport directly? (I assume a no-show from the driver will means I will miss the flight in this case)

10 replies to this topic
Bucharest
Destination Expert
for Bucharest, Brasov
Level Contributor
6,224 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ploiesti to OTP Airport (Early morning Flight)

I'd head to the airport in the evening and spend the night in it (it's legal and perfectly OK).

There are minibuses from Ploiesti that pass by the airport, for instance at 21.10 (arrives ~22.00) or 22.47 (arr. 23.30). You can also travel by train to Bucharest then catch a bus to the airport.

It's advisable to be at the airport with some time before the flight so the other two options don't make much sense, you'd still have to leave in the middle of the night .

Edited: 27 July 2013, 22:08
2. Re: Ploiesti to OTP Airport (Early morning Flight)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2013, 22:15

3. Re: Ploiesti to OTP Airport (Early morning Flight)

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2016, 15:07

4. Re: Ploiesti to OTP Airport (Early morning Flight)

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 August 2013, 03:05
Edited: 10 August 2013, 03:05

Wales (UK)
Level Contributor
11 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ploiesti to OTP Airport (Early morning Flight)

Can I get a bus from OTP to Ploiesti?

Israel
Destination Expert
for Romania
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ploiesti to OTP Airport (Early morning Flight)

I do not know if you have bus from inside the airport .

but the buss that came from bucharest and go to ploiesti pass on the highway

in front of the airport, they can stop if you sighn them and if they have place .

Wales (UK)
Level Contributor
11 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ploiesti to OTP Airport (Early morning Flight)

Brilliant - thank you. You have saved me some time and money.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Romania
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ploiesti to OTP Airport (Early morning Flight)

there is gas station name Agip , I guess there is the place you can wait

and look if the bus/minibus came .

I never try it buy in the forum that it waht was the advice for that point .

bucharest
Level Contributor
407 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ploiesti to OTP Airport (Early morning Flight)

THe bus station is 10 m from Agip, near the bridge, it„s a place for all mini-buses that goes to near cities and you can wait for the one to Ploiesti there, if they have space/empty seats they will most certainly stop to take you. They leave from Gara de Nord each hour .

1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Ploiesti to OTP Airport (Early morning Flight)

Taxi is about 130 RON (30 euro). Best solution imho. Just call in the evening to be sure they have available car.

Reply to: Ploiesti to OTP Airport (Early morning Flight)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ploiesti
Recent Conversations