We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budva weather - July

Birmingham, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Budva weather - July

Heading to Budva in mid-July and would be interested to know what weather to expect.

I was under the impression it would be hot (late 20s / early 30s) and sunny, but the weather at the moment looks to be hot but very, very rainy.

I know the area does get a lot of thunderstorms but just wondered what everyone's experience of weather in Budva in July is.

I'm keen to avoid a repeat of last year, where I went to Sofia and Plovdiv in July only to experience lows of 16 and torrential rain for half the week!

Mentioned in this post
Budva
Budva
Budva Municipality, Montenegro
Sofia
Sofia
Sofia Region, Bulgaria
Plovdiv
Plovdiv
Plovdiv Province, Bulgaria
Montenegro Full-Day Trip from...
747 Reviews
from US$57.93*
Free Cancellation
Montenegro Day Trip from Dubrovnik
449 Reviews
from US$61.50*
Free Cancellation
Montenegro Full Day Tour from Kotor
108 Reviews
from US$67.40*
Free Cancellation
6 replies to this topic
Solvesborg, Sweden
Level Contributor
922 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Budva weather - July

I was there in july, a couple of days there were thunderstorms but both of them were over quickly, it rained torrentially for an hour and then back to normal. The weather remained hot though.

Edited: 09 June 2018, 00:54
Solvesborg, Sweden
Level Contributor
922 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Budva weather - July

In may I meant, not july, sorry.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,063 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budva weather - July

In July it is hot and sunny. There can be occationally thunderstorms, but they last like half an hour. I am there in July/August, never worried about the weather

Birmingham, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Budva weather - July

Thanks everyone - that's reassuring!

I can see a lot of the forecast predicted over the weekend didn't turn out to be true, at one point Budva was expected to get 20mm of rain in an hour.

Mentioned in this post
Budva
Budva
Budva Municipality, Montenegro
england
Destination Expert
for Montenegro
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budva weather - July

At that time of year if you get rain it willl normally be in the form of short but ferocious downpours. So the forecast of 20mm could well be correct.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,063 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budva weather - July

I just saw on CNN today that there is some rain in the Balkans which is rather unusual for this time of the year, but weather in Europe is playing crazy this year. We had 33c+ degrees in Germany since mid April which is unheard off, we can not predict the weather, just make the best out of it.

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Germany
Germany
Europe
Reply to: Budva weather - July
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Budva