We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montenegro cruising in Budva - where to meet up?

1 post
Save Topic
Montenegro cruising in Budva - where to meet up?

Do you need to buy tickets beforehand? I'm planning to attend the "Evening Boka bay with ship" trip. The pamphlet says departure by bus from Budva to Kotor, but where in Budva is the bus stop?

7 replies to this topic
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,595 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Montenegro cruising in Budva - where to meet up?

Your post/question is a little confusing. Does your cruise start in Kotor and you will get there on your own? In that case, the Budva bus station, plenty of departures daily and worth to get there early as Kotor is beautiful.

If you start in Budva, I would think by the harbor. You would have to call the company on where you will start

Skopje, Republic of...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Montenegro cruising in Budva - where to meet up?

We plan to go to Dubrovnik from Budva . How mjuch it will cost for 4 person family and which day you have ticket for cruising. Please wrrite me the program

Neceva Violeta

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Montenegro cruising in Budva - where to meet up?

Ask whoever you but the ticket from. We did a day trip to Kotor last year and boarded at Becici (south of Budva). We told the lady where we were staying and the coach picked us and another couple up from a bus stop

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Montenegro cruising in Budva - where to meet up?

As Alex says the most likely spot is the bus station near the stari grad

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Montenegro cruising in Budva - where to meet up?

I think Sebastian is referring to a pre - arranged coach trip with a 2-4 hour boat trip on the end - which if similar to the one we did last year sails you back to Budva old town.

I don't recall seeing boat trips from Budva to Dubrovnik last year but no doubt they someone may say I am wrong

Level Contributor
1 post
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Montenegro cruising in Budva - where to meet up?

You dont happen to remeber which company you went with just hearing some negative things about some of the companies

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,595 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Montenegro cruising in Budva - where to meet up?

I saw this year bus daytrips Budva to Dubrovnik and return for €24. I did not use it, so can not tell on how it is. But I guess good.

I have not heard about bad companies.

In Budva you can find plenty of travel angencies that offer tours. Someone on this board mentioned about cruises between Budva and Dubrovnik which I was not aware off, but that would be amazing as the coastline is just stunning. I am sure a touragency can you advice on that

Reply to: Montenegro cruising in Budva - where to meet up?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted