We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Budva to Sarajevo

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Budva to Sarajevo

Hi,

Im travelling to Montenegro next week and would like to then launch into Bosnia from Budva. Can anyone suggest how best to get to Sarajevo, how long it takes and what the time table is like for this time of year, eg. daily?

Thanks in advance!

Suze

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Budva to Sarajevo

Well no responses but I thought I'd do a follow up for anyone in the same situation. From Budva the easiest way to get to Sarajevo is by bus, it takes about 8 hours and leaves twice daily, one at 8:20 and one at 22:00 or thereabouts.

Suze.

Newcastle upon...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Budva to Sarajevo

Hi Suze,

Can you recall if the bus from Budva went via Mostar?

If you can recall any other places it passed through that would be great.

Thx

Mark

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Budva to Sarajevo

Hi Mark,

I can't remember exactly where the bus went through but it defintely doesn't pass through Mostar - only buses coming from Split/Croatia take this route.

I'm pretty sure however, that we stopped in Podgorica and I remember other backpackers who got the bus had come from Durmitor National Park.

The view on the left hand side of the bus is particularly amazing just before the border passing the Pivsko Jezero where I remember thinking there were some beautiful remote villages I would like to visit again one day.

The bus didn't pass through Mostar but once youre in Sarajevo there a numerous daily buses and trains to Mostar so it's quiet easy to make a day trip or visit for a day or two once you're in Bosnia. From memory I think it was a 3 or 4 hour trip from Sarajevo.

Hope that helps. Suze

4. Re: Bus from Budva to Sarajevo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2011, 13:16