We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of living and food

Padstow, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
Save Topic
Cost of living and food

Hi! can anyone tell me what the average cost for eating and drinking in Budva and in The rest of Montenegro is like please? there's 4 of us planning going there for Holiday Later this year. Whats the food like, and is there choice for vegetarians and is there a good fish choice on the menus? Cheers.

Mentioned in this post
Budva
Budva
Budva Municipality, Montenegro
Konoba Bocun
$$ - $$$, Seafood, Mediterranean, Barbecue
Forsage Gastro Lounge
$$ - $$$, Seafood, International, Mediterranean
Dvoriste by Bahce
$$ - $$$, International, Mediterranean, Turkish
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
109 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of living and food

Hi friend.

I have been there in November 2010. it might be off season and most places were closed but for me even that period of time the places were over-priced.

Budva looks nice and has an old city which is really beautiful but apart from this it has become a highly touristic place, expensive with rude service almost everywhere.

I had a very bad experience there and i will not recommend you to have a car with signs from other country.

I hope i was just unlucky and you to have better time there.

Mentioned in this post
Budva
Budva
Herceg-Novi...
Level Contributor
39 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of living and food

I am not sure on Budva but with regards to The Bay of Kotor area ( Herceg Novi & Kotor) generally the prices are cheaper than in England. Domestic cafes & restaurants are very reasonably priced but obviously some places aimed specifically at tourists are overpriced. Along the coast most places have a good selection of fish but other vegetarian options can be limited.

As a guide in cafes & restaurants

Espresso: 1 - 1.5E

Bottle of beer: 1.50E

Juice/Bottled water: 1 - 1.50E

Pizza/Pasta: 5 - 8E

Meat Main Course: 8 - 15E

Away from the coast (in the more mountainous areas) restaurants & drinks are considerably cheaper.

Have a good holiday!

Mentioned in this post
Budva
Budva
Bay of Kotor
Bay of Kotor
2,312 Reviews
Kotor, Montenegro
Herceg-Novi
Herceg-Novi
Herceg-Novi Municipality, Montenegro
Kotor
Kotor
Kotor Municipality, Montenegro
England
England
United Kingdom
Herceg Novi
Level Contributor
152 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of living and food

Depending on restaurant you can find daily menu from 5-10 euro in Herceg Novi

Mentioned in this post
Herceg-Novi
Herceg-Novi
Herceg-Novi Municipality, Montenegro
London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of living and food

On my last day in Budva I only had E22 left did not want to use my debit card, so after decent breakfast in apartment took myself to Jaz beach. Bus cost E1.50 missed my bus back so had to walk to main road & flag one down,cost E1. Had a small beer & small salad E3.50 on the beach. Evening went to the lovely Stari Grad sea terrace restaurant for a light supper. Grilled fresh squid with potatoes/spinach/bread + cover charge. E14.50 Total cost of day out with tips E22.

Guess that was my cheapest day out. Suggest you buy snacks/drinks at supermarket, fruit is very good too. Beaches also charge for deck chairs/umbrellas so factor that into budget.

Mentioned in this post
Budva
Budva
Jaz Beach
Jaz Beach
486 Reviews
Budva, Montenegro
5. Re: Cost of living and food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 04:46