We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from Jeonju to Boseong tea plantation?

vancouver
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
from Jeonju to Boseong tea plantation?

Hi,

My friend and I are planning to spend 1 night 2 days in Jeonju. On the second day, I'd like to go to visit the Boseong tea plantation. However, after hours of searching on the Internet, I found no info on this. Does anyone know if there is public transportation to connect these two spots?

Thanks!

Michelle

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
514 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: from Jeonju to Boseong tea plantation?

Unfortunately, there is no direct buses connecting two places.

You got to go to Gwangju and then transfer to Boseong at Gwangju bus terminal.

Travel time from Jeonju to Gwangju : 1hr 30min

Travel time from Gwangju to Boseong : 1hr 30min

At Boseong you need to take a bus to Tea plantation.

vancouver
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from Jeonju to Boseong tea plantation?

Thanks SeoulHyena for your reply! I can't speak nor read Korean. Do you think it will be difficult for me to make this trip to Boseong Tea Plantation? From what I've read about this place, I'd like to give it a visit.

Or

Would you recommend that I spend the two days in Jeonju instead? I know that there are a lot to see (and eat!) in Jeonju.

Or

If I manage to go to Boseong, will it be difficult for me to go back to Seoul on the same day?

Thanks in advance!

Michelle

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
514 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: from Jeonju to Boseong tea plantation?

I think there might be no problem at all. At Jeonju terminal and Gwangju terminal, I am sure that there are English signs for foreigners. But not sure at Boseong but you just ask any people they gonna help you out.

Ok..

If you want to do the Boseong tea plantation in a day(most of people do it in a day though), leave Jeonju early in the morning.

Jeonju-Gwangju-Boseong(3hr30min ~ 4hr)

At Boseong terminal, you take a bus bound for Yulpo, then get off at tea plantaion stop(Daehandawon is the most famous and biggest one/entrance fee 2,000won).

There is a direct bus to Seoul central city bus terminal(at Gangnam) at 15:20(5hr ride).

Or you back to Gwangju and take KTX or Bus back to Seoul.

Here are some useful links for you(Some are in Korean though).

kobus.co.kr/web/…service01_1.jsp

http://blog.naver.com/kogh91/20100001461

…boseong.go.kr/03experience/pvr_text/04.html

vancouver
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: from Jeonju to Boseong tea plantation?

Now I see the possibility of going there! Yes, that's the tea plantation I read about and want to go.

Your information is very helpful...and it leads to more questions :)

From the kobus website that you suggested (thanks for that!), I can select Jeonju to Gwangju, but there is no Gwangju to Boseong. So how to go from Gwangju to Boseong? I think I'll take the option of going back to Gwangju and take KTX back to Seoul.

Also, when I looked at one of the Korean only websites that you provided, I learn that the bus time schedule is in Korean only. Now I need to do more homework or I'll get confused there!

Much appreciated!

Michelle

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
514 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: from Jeonju to Boseong tea plantation?

I am not sure why buses from Gwangju to Boseong is not shown on Kobus site. I think they only show express buses. Gwangju-Boseong Buses are not express buses, they are intercity buses. Anyway there are buses every 30min connecting Gwangju and Boseong.

The thing about Korean only in Boseong terminal is not a big deal. When you get off from the bus from Gwangju, I am prettey sure that Boseong people know you are heading to tea plantion. Don't worry. You just tell anyone at the terminal that you want to go to Daehandawon, they will tell yo u which bus you got to take.. The buses to tea plantation runs every 30 min. Make sure that you tell the bus driver you will get off at Daehandawon.

Also, why don't you check this links.

http://www.boseong.go.kr/en/

…visitkorea.or.kr/enu/SI/SI_EN_3_2_1.jsp…

vancouver
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: from Jeonju to Boseong tea plantation?

I'm so glad that you mentioned the bus frequency. It really helps in planning for the trip. Thank you so much for your help! I'm really looking forward to my South Korea trip (a total of 14 days).

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
467 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: from Jeonju to Boseong tea plantation?

Gwangju-Seoul Yongsan Stn. by KTX takes almost 3 hours as the track between Gwangju-Daejeon is not of high-speed grade.

Plus, do count in transfer between Geangju Bus Terminal and Gwangju Train Station - they are about 3 kilometers apart, neither served by metro.

vancouver
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: from Jeonju to Boseong tea plantation?

wow... ;)

I guess I'll ask for more specific information when I land at the Incheon airport.

Maybe instead of Seoul --Jeonju -- Boseong -- Seoul

I'll do Seoul -- Boseong -- Jeonju (overnight) --Seoul ...?

I thought that since we're going to be "down there" in South Korea, we might as well make two stops. The two big challenges seem to be connecting the right transit at the right time and facing the language barrier.

Hopefully good planning (and good will of the local people) can overcome these challenges.

9. Re: from Jeonju to Boseong tea plantation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2010, 13:36
Get answers to your questions about Gwangju