We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hikkaduwa to where!?

Donegal
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Hikkaduwa to where!?

HI fellow travellers!

I will be staying in Hikkaduwa this weekend (Thurs & Fri nights). I then fly out of Colombo at midnight Sunday night so I am looking for some advice on somewhere to move to for Saturday night which is not too far from airport as I don't want to have to waste alot of time traveling. Looking for something local/offbeat - not really into fancy hotels! Maybe a nice wee village in between?

Also if you have any tips with regards to must-do's around Hikkaduwa area I'd love to hear those!

Thanks and have a great day!

Emma

Mentioned in this post
Hikkaduwa
Hikkaduwa
Galle District, Sri Lanka
Colombo
Colombo
Western Province, Sri Lanka
2 replies to this topic
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
5,749 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hikkaduwa to where!?

Nothing too exciting that's closeby to the airport. So consider the option of driving from Hikkaduwa straight to the airport. It should be about 2-2.5 hours at most at that time of the night.

Mount Lavinia/ Colombo to the airport is about 40/60 minutes and Bentota is also about 2 hours.

Mentioned in this post
Hikkaduwa
Hikkaduwa
Mount Lavinia Hotel
Mount Lavinia Hotel
2,938 Reviews
Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia, Sri Lanka
Colombo
Colombo
Bentota
Bentota
Level Contributor
39 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hikkaduwa to where!?

Hi,

Well the closest is Negombo. Ten to fifteen mins drive to the air port. There is beach as well. Chillaxing. 🤗

Mentioned in this post
Negombo
Negombo
Reply to: Hikkaduwa to where!?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted