We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend Homestay 民宿, Misty Villa, 雲濛仙境 in Cingjing

Which Nantou hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Recommend Homestay 民宿, Misty Villa, 雲濛仙境 in Cingjing

I stayed in Misty Villa, 雲濛仙境 , http://www.misting.com.tw, for one night on 23 Dec, 2010 with a family of 6 (2 kids - 6 and 4 year old, 2 senior citizens, my hubby and myself).

雲濛仙境民宿, http://www.misting.com.tw

地址:南投縣仁愛鄉大同村榮光巷9號  

TEL:049-2803208  FAX:049-2801493

Email: misting.maggie@msa.hinet.net

Prior to the holiday, I browsed the tripadvisor forum for recommendation on where I can stay for my stop at Cingjing. With so many choices to choose from, I had a hard time deciding which one to pick as they all looked about the same. I wanted a home stay in a accessible location to eateries and shops and not too high up in the mountain as it might be too cold for the young and old ones.

I finally settled for Misty Villa base on what I saw from their webpage. I was not disappointed.

Miss Chen, who manages the reception, made us felt welcome the moment we reach and patiently explained to us the facilities and what could be found in the surrounding area. She also arranged for the buggy to send the old folks to their room. She also offered for the buggy to pick the old folks from their room to the reception should they need help.

The old folks did not have any trouble getting around the home-stay except for a slope that leads from the home-stay entrance to the road that leads to the nearby places. As such, we had the buggy to send the old folks down to the road level, while the rest of us have no problem getting down to the main road.

The view from the room was excellent and there was a heater provided in the room. There is also a water cooler dispensing hot and cold water in the room. Breakfast was included in the room rate and there was selection of porridge, bread, eggs etc.

The home stay is within 5mins walking distance to the Little Swiss Garden, 7-11 convenience store and eateries. We had dinner at Carton King and regretted our choice. We should have had taken our dinner at the home stay.

The next day, Miss Chen, arranged for a driver to send and pick us to and from Cing Jing Farm. We had lunch at the home stay and the lunch was most scrumptious, authentic and one of the best meals I have had during my holiday.

The warmth, thoughtfulness and hospitality shown to us by the staff at the home stay made our stay enjoyable. I am also certain this is one of the reasons why there are many other nationalities and returning guests at their home stay.

I would certainly recommend this home stay to anyone for a comfortable and accessible location.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
290 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommend Homestay 民宿, Misty Villa, 雲濛仙境 in Cingjing

Hi, thanks for the post...

I'm looking for a minsu that is accessible to the 7-11, nearby store too...This is exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks so much for the feedback....I think I should try the dinner at the minsu too...

Singapore
Level Contributor
887 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommend Homestay 民宿, Misty Villa, 雲濛仙境 in Cingjing

hi,

how much do u pay for the tpt to cing jing farm? how many days did you stay in cing jing? u visited he huan shan?

There are a few quad room; which type did you stay?

tk

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommend Homestay 民宿, Misty Villa, 雲濛仙境 in Cingjing

Hi,

My transport to Cingjing was part of a total package that is free and easy and for the entire duration of my Taiwan holiday, so I do not have the exact breakdown. I paid for the transport for the entire day that includes driver and van.

I only stayed for one night in Cing jing. I only got to Wu Ling, which is the highest automobile pass in Taiwan. Due to the fog which reduced visibility, I was not able to proceed further than Wu Ling.

I stayed in the 3 person suite, not a quad room as my travel agent did not get me the quad room.

Singapore
Level Contributor
887 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommend Homestay 民宿, Misty Villa, 雲濛仙境 in Cingjing

hi,

tk for the info

Taipei Taiwan
Destination Expert
for Taiwan, Taipei
Level Contributor
7,819 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommend Homestay 民宿, Misty Villa, 雲濛仙境 in Cingjing

Great post and an Intro to a "new" Minsu is always good. Gives people a greater choice.

I guess the food in the minsu would be good as it would be home style cooking and using the best of Seasonal Veggies. This year has been exceptionally good for local farmers as we did not have too many typhoons disrupting the crops.

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommend Homestay 民宿, Misty Villa, 雲濛仙境 in Cingjing

Hi, which travel agency? How is the service from the driver? I am thinking a trip during June school holiday with 3 boys - 11, 9 & 6.

Singapore, Singapore
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommend Homestay 民宿, Misty Villa, 雲濛仙境 in Cingjing

Hello,

Can you share which travel agency you used?

I would like to get a F&E package but so far i havent found one that includes Cingjing...

Thanks in advance for your kind advise!

Singapore
Level Contributor
671 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommend Homestay 民宿, Misty Villa, 雲濛仙境 in Cingjing

Hi Nanako,

It's not necessary to book thro' travel agencies. Go to Misty website and book direct with them.

If you need transportation from Taipei, Misty can arrange with e-go bus. www.misting.com.tw/news_detail.php…

See my blog for details on Cingjing itinerary: http://www.wretch.cc/blog/sflow00/28877985

Rgds,

Low

Singapore, Singapore
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommend Homestay 民宿, Misty Villa, 雲濛仙境 in Cingjing

Thank you for your recommendations, Low =)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommend Homestay 民宿, Misty Villa, 雲濛仙境 in Cingjing

Thanks for sharing your pleasant experience at Misting. It sure helps me sourcing for a homestay. Was the slope manageable with luggage? What was it that you felt could have been better at carton king? Homestay has authentic home grown produce? This is what we hope to savour there. What can we do when night falls? Is it bright enough to be walking around or we retire indoors?. Thanks!