We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mumbai to Airport Avoiding Traffic

London
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Mumbai to Airport Avoiding Traffic

I plan on travelling to the Airport by train.

I'll be staying in South Mumbai.

Where do I take the train from to Andheri Station in South Mumbai?

From Andheri can I take the Metro to Airport Road and walk or is it too far or should I take the bus from Andheri to the airport?

Thanks

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
187 posts
260 reviews
1. Re: Mumbai to Airport Avoiding Traffic

I assume you will be having luggage with you. Its not a very good idea to take the train to the airport. Trains are crazily crowded and ppl have trouble getting off forget getting luggage down. Still if u wish to go by train you need to board it from churchgate to andheri and then take a rickshaw to the airport. My advice would be to book a prepaid cab or pvt taxi which will not cost you more than 800 Inr.

London
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
2. Re: Mumbai to Airport Avoiding Traffic

Thanks

Only a small bag on wheels

I'll be setting off at 11-00am ish

Is there a direct bus service my flights at 3 - 30?

Mumbai
Level Contributor
11,400 posts
276 reviews
3. Re: Mumbai to Airport Avoiding Traffic

Hi,

In order to avoid the crowd at 11:00 am. you head to CST Station and buy First Class Ticket. On Platform No. 1 or 2, you will get Andheri Local (by Harbour Line). Please alight at Vile Parle Station and exit from Eastern Side. You will get an auto rickshaw for taking you to the airport. The journey time will be approximately 45 minutes by train and add another 20-25 minutes thereafter.

CarLink

India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
8 reviews
4. Re: Mumbai to Airport Avoiding Traffic

At that time the frequency of trains from CST to Andheri on Harbour Line is once in 30 min. I think a train on the Western Line from Churchgate to Vile Parle is preferable. The frequency will be 5 min.

Make sure you take a slow train from Churchgate and exit the Vile Parle station from the East exit.

London
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
5. Re: Mumbai to Airport Avoiding Traffic

Thanks a lot.

Churchgate to Vile Parle it is then..

How much would I expect to pay in a Rickshaw?

India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
5,581 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Mumbai to Airport Avoiding Traffic

Shoul not be more than INR 60. Look for the queue for autos and join that.

R S
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
13 posts
133 reviews
7. Re: Mumbai to Airport Avoiding Traffic

No, you cannot walk from the Metro stop to the airport. You will need to hail a rickshaw, readily available. Do allow plenty of time for any snafus.

London
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
8. Re: Mumbai to Airport Avoiding Traffic

Thank you so take a train to Andheri switch to the metro to Airport Road then a auto rickshaw from there?

This is the route that'll take me the closest to the airport.

Bombay, India
Level Contributor
380 posts
13 reviews
9. Re: Mumbai to Airport Avoiding Traffic

Rather than making two changes - metro and then an auto, probably less painful if you take an auto from Vile Parle, as suggested above. You haven't said which terminal you're headed to. If it's the domestic one, auto from Vile Parle is most certainly the way to go. Personally, I'd take an Uber, which would cost maybe between Rs 440 and Rs 530 (including the toll for the sea link), depending on traffic. Hour and 40 minutes at worst; usually more like 70 minutes at that time.

London
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
10. Re: Mumbai to Airport Avoiding Traffic

Uber taxi?

I prefer the train as at least it'll be on the move.

I'm going to the international terminal.

Thanks for your help.