We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jaipur and Jodphur

Which Jaipur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cwmbran wales
Level Contributor
523 posts
Save Topic
Jaipur and Jodphur

Coming to Jaipur for 3 nights/4 days just a few questions:

How much from airport to Jaipur city centre ?

How much for a full days tour of Jaipur ?

How far from Jaipur to Jodhpur in taxi ricksaw and what would a full days tour of jodhpur cost ?

How much to get in the forts and palaces and is there a website showing these prices ?

His there a dress code to get in the palaces and forts can me and my partner get away with shorts and t-shirts ?

Do they charge to use camcorders in palaces ?

No price budget for hotel ive picked a couple please recommend

UMAID MAHAL. PEARL PALACE LAXMI PALACE ?

Jaipur, Rajasthan...
Level Contributor
15 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jaipur and Jodphur

hey...

jaipur airport is near about 15-18 km considering what you think as the city centre..if u meant the walled city..yes it is..:)

Apart from that yes 3/4 days are enough..and as such there is no dress codes ..but yes being modest will help ..can wear tshirts and shorts...

Sorry to disappoint you ..jodhpur is almost 300 km from jaipur..so rickshaws are ruled out..you can opt for train or taxi or flight ..depends upon your pocket..

yes at some places they charge for the cameras and camcorders.....

there are many budget hotels in and around jaipur and jodhpur....

i hope you have great fun here..

padharo mhare des...(welcome to my country)

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
33 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jaipur and Jodphur

Welcome to India "thestonk23".

3 days and 4 nights will be ok if you are availing flights. A full day local tour of Jaipur is not expensive at all; varies between Rs.1000 to Rs.1500 depending on the cab you hire.I will suggest you to book from RTDC or Rajasthan Tourism Dev. Corp which is also available online.

Jodhpur is far away,so a train or hired car will be preferable. Local sightseeing there also will cost around Rs.1000 to Rs.1500 depending on the cab you hire. Here also look for RTDC centres.

Cameras are chargeable in almost all fortes and places whereas entry to some fortes and palaces are free while some are not.

Enjoy INDIA.

ShantanU.

Jaipur
Level Contributor
399 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Jaipur and Jodphur

No dress code. Entry charge almost INR 250 for the fort / palaces. Do not miss the Audio guide in Jodhpur Mehrangarh fort. its worth the money.

8 Hours car rental is minimum 1400 for a decent sedan car.

Drive to Jodhpur would be approx: INR 6000

Umaid mahal, I will never suggest at all as it is not a heritage property. Pearl palace good budget backpackers paradise. There are plenty of home stay aswell. Try looking at Rawla Rawatsar or Dera Rawatsar. Owned by two different borthers.

cwmbran wales
Level Contributor
523 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Jaipur and Jodphur

Thank you for all your replies , We decided to stay 2 nights in jaipur and get a train and go to jodphur and stay 2 nights there also,

Has for hotels or hostels the only one that we have picked is

The Hem guesthouse in jodphur is our 1st choice ,as for jaipur not seen one has of yet want to spend a absolute max for 2 nights £70-£80 for the 2 of us hopefully with a pool so can relax after doing the tour of jaipur ,

Open for suggestions for our stay in jaipur ,not to far from the train station and airport if possible has we are flying into jaipur from mumbai and then flying out of jodphur to goa

from wales
Level Contributor
257 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jaipur and Jodphur

I do not know distances from the airport but I always stay in Umaid Bhawan Heritage Hotel in the Bani Park area.... very reasonably priced, prices start about £20 a night if I remember rightly, great roof top restaurant with tasty food and they a pool.... I book online through their website and have never had any issues. I have left review for them if you look at my profile or check them out on here for more recent reviews.

Andrea

cwmbran wales
Level Contributor
523 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Jaipur and Jodphur

Cheers for that ADAVIESFROM WALES looks a cracking hotel also like the idea they do airport pick-up , very good choice thanks again

P.S where in wales you from im from cwmbran myself

from wales
Level Contributor
257 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jaipur and Jodphur

I'm just outside Carmarthen...

Enjoy India, its a wonderful experience!

Andrea

cwmbran wales
Level Contributor
523 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Jaipur and Jodphur

Adavies agree india a wonderful experience its our 6th year on the trot

9. Re: Jaipur and Jodphur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2013, 03:12