We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KLIA to Melaka transnational bus ticket

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
10 posts
Save Topic
KLIA to Melaka transnational bus ticket

I will be heading to melaka next week and thinking of traveling to melaka by bus. May I know if there's any transnational bus ticket counter at KLIA for me to buy the tickets at the airport? Or do I have to buy tickets online before hand? thanks in advance for ur reply.

7 replies to this topic
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KLIA to Melaka transnational bus ticket

According to a previous thread, there is no Transnasional bus counter at KLIA1, but they do pick up passengers who have booked online from there. If you have not booked online, you have to go over to KLIA2 (via express train or the free shuttle bus) to board the bus.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/ShowTopic-g30…

https://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/ShowTopic-g29…

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2,629 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KLIA to Melaka transnational bus ticket

Prebook Transnasional...

Use easybook.com or busonlineticket.com to prebook online & screenshot or save the Itinerary or Order confirmation on your mobile phone..

Starmart has a bad habit to use lousier buses for short distance bus rides or those with less competition... don't use them..

Whenever the more reputed bus operators are not on a certain route , then i choose Transnasional even though their buses are sometimes older & they have more local stops.. at least they r more reliable..

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: KLIA to Melaka transnational bus ticket

Is it possible to get the tickets upon arrival at the airport? Cause that will give more flexibilty in case of flight delay

Edited: 20 July 2017, 12:34
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: KLIA to Melaka transnational bus ticket

Yes, you can buy tickets on the spot as long as there are seats available. As I have mentioned in my reply earlier, if you're landing at KLIA1 you'll have to go over to KLIA2 to get the bus without an online booking.

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: KLIA to Melaka transnational bus ticket

Oh I see..they will only stop by KLIA if there's passenger who prebook online? What a nuisance to travel to other airport just to board the bus.

Edited: 20 July 2017, 14:10
Markham, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: KLIA to Melaka transnational bus ticket

Our family of 6 just travelled from KLIA to Melaka Central by Starmart on Aug 26. We were the only people on that 6:30 pm bus. It was pretty comfy, the seats were 3 in a row, in 2-1 configuration. We arrived in Melaka at 9:15.

We had not prebooked on Transnasional because we were flying in from Siem Reap and didn't know if there would be delays in the flight or going through immigration.

I would use Starmart again in the future.

Mentioned in this post
Melaka
Melaka
Central Melaka District, Malaysia
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
UK
Level Contributor
64 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: KLIA to Melaka transnational bus ticket

Hello,

Can you tell me is there plenty of leg room. I have a disabled right leg that is pretty straight and will not bend.

Thanks in advance

Pat

Reply to: KLIA to Melaka transnational bus ticket
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;