We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent experience with 707 bus?

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Recent experience with 707 bus?

Hi - we are travelling from Singapore to Melaka in a week or so and I have booked 707 bus.

I have since looked at TripAdvisor and can see poor reviews on here, but a great deal of them have been written by only one or two people, in every forum. I was wondering if anyone has anything positive to say about them, even if it is just a "we got there ok".

There is still time for me to book another ticket, but I only want to do this if it is really necessary as it is a waste of money. Anyone got real world experience of using them - not just hearing bad things from someone else?

Thanks!!

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Melaka
Melaka
Central Melaka District, Malaysia
1. Re: Recent experience with 707 bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 August 2017, 12:04
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2,855 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recent experience with 707 bus?

My colleague & friends goes back to Melaka every month using 707 so i know about their "service" through regular feedbacks even if i have stopped using them myself...

Mentioned in this post
Melaka
Melaka
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recent experience with 707 bus?

Hi Ddayrncm, Thanks for your answer. I appreciate your opinion and I have seen and read your frequent comments on the bus company in other posts with interest. I have certainly noted your opinion.

Unfortunately Luxury Coach do not fit with out times as they only go early in the morning and we can't take them.

I am just curious to see if others would say they have never had any problem, as it usually seems to be the case that the strongest opinions come from a bad experience some time.

4. Re: Recent experience with 707 bus?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 18 August 2017, 12:04
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recent experience with 707 bus?

We ended up flying to KL on Air Asia as it was so cheap and took about the same amount of time as the bus was slated to do so. Direct 1.5 hour bus from KLIA2 to Melaka was a good option and left every hour or so and cost practically nothing.

To be honest - we have travelled across many land borders in our time on nearly every continent, but this time we didn't have time for a delay, so flying was perhaps the more predictable option. (If the lines at the land border were the same as at the airport, then I am glad we did).

Mentioned in this post
Melaka
Melaka
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2,855 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recent experience with 707 bus?

Good choice but not a choice most will take up though...

Most will try to be hopeful that traffic conditions will be good on their own dates of travel... & some travellers stay at the hotels in Melaka , where buses alight passengers & so that becomes an adavntageous point-to-point bus trip..

In addition , bus ticket prices do not fluctuate by much...

Air tickets are only cheap if u choose weekdays departure...

Glad u enjoyed!!

Mentioned in this post
Melaka
Melaka
7. Re: Recent experience with 707 bus?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2018, 14:18