We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bypass hwy 108

Ellijay, Georgia
Level Contributor
108 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Bypass hwy 108

Driving from Mobile Al to Lagrange Ga and wondering how to access new bypass. I know it is not completed but does it save time and is it marked with signage. Will be coming in on I 85.

Mentioned in this post
Mobile
Mobile
Alabama
LaGrange
LaGrange
Georgia
6 replies to this topic
Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,133 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bypass hwy 108

I was thru Montgomery twice earlier this month. Saw no signage for 108 and looking at map I cannot see how it would help. No delays.

Be sure to stop at Priesters ,just south of Montgomery at Ft Deposit exit, for coffee and pecan goodies.

Mentioned in this post
Ellijay, Georgia
Level Contributor
108 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bypass hwy 108

Thanks for the quick reply. Thought I read that part had opened but I guess not.

Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bypass hwy 108

The road is open, but it won't help you in any way. It connects I-85 just west of Montgomery with Hwy 231 just south of Montgomery. It doesn't connect to I-65. Maybe it will someday (not sure of the plans), but given the time it took to get this part open, none of us will likely see it. Just stay on I-65 to I-85. Unless you are driving at a rush hour time, it won't be a problem.

Mentioned in this post
Ellijay, Georgia
Level Contributor
108 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bypass hwy 108

Many thanks.

5. Re: Bypass hwy 108

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 June 2017, 22:35

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Bypass hwy 108

Actually it doesn’t even reach 231 at this point. It only goes to Highway 110 just one exit over .

Reply to: Bypass hwy 108
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Montgomery